What Kind of Snow Blower?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Ditto on what big babooba said. I have been in the snow business as my day job for 24 years, so i have some experience. Ariens is a great brand, as well as Simplicity. Definately stay away from Crapsman. Had them, they dont last, PERIOD! Most manufactures make a cheaper model to sell in the box stores, so what you need to do is find the
local repair shop that services what he sells. Ask him what the differences are between what he sells vs. whats at the depot, sears, lowes, ect. Depending on the size of your driveway, a single stage blower may be adequate. I have several Toro singles for my personal drive & walkways. If you just want to clear the snow once at the end of the storm, a 2 stage like you posted is your best bet. 8hp minimum. 22-24 in with max. Let it snow!!

DS

Fenderbender
Snow blowers are gay.
You will only use it 2 or 3 times every winter.
Buy a shovel for the wife.$12.99

Big Babooba

MTD, yup read on on them. Canadian company, Sears sells them under the name Craftsman here.
For $799 he could get one of them (same price as his asian one he linked to), but the mtd would come with electronic ignition, while his eastern one only has pull start.
MTD is based in Cleveland, Ohio. I didn't know that Cleveland, Ohio was in Canada. Boy am I dumb.

klein

Für Meno :)
OK, now you made me search.... MTD does have a manufacturing plant here. They bought one here in 1962, and it's still manufacturing equipment.

Some models/machinery that are sold in the US are "Made in Canada" and some models/machinery that are bought here are "Made in USA".

If you have an MTD snowblower, it should have a label on it where it has been made. Nevertheless, it's American owned.
Kind of like the Auto Industry here.

In 1962 MTD purchased Sehl Engineering Ltd. of Canada which would later become MTD Products, Ltd. and then MTD Canada.

Update: acording to another website: MTD snowblowers are made in Canada, but who really knows ? I'm not researching all day long over it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He has "Palin-Vision" !

TINA FEY AS PALIN: "And I can see Russia from my house."

What Palin actually said....(Russia) "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska".

TINA FEY AS PALIN: "And I can see Russia from my house."

What Palin actually said....(Russia) "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska".

Tina Fey would still be the better politician.