What kind of sunglasses?

STFXG

I'll trust my CPA who used to be an IRS auditor. I'm sure he knows what he's doing over the guy who does his taxes with turbo tax. In 20 years that I've been going to him, never been audited or adjusted. Guess he knows what he's doing
Buy a $40 burner for a personal phone and just rarely use it so you have proof of a personal and a work phone. Dave's correct about cell phones if you're deducting the usage. But then again the IRS has no cash and hardly audits anymore. The risks are minimal.

STFXG

STFXG, would you write off sunglasses as an unreimbursed job expense?
I write them off as a business expense, so yeah I would. I have work sunglasses and personal sunglasses though. Even though I may wear the "work" pair when I'm weed eating the lawn or something similar.

STFXG

Btw if they aren't required by your employer then they aren't tax deductible. My employer (STFXG, Inc.), requires all employees to wear "cool guy" sunglasses while on duty.

I would risk it and write it off as a uniform expense if I worked at Brown though. The odds of an audit are very low and the penalties for being caught would by minimal.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Buy a $40 burner for a personal phone and just rarely use it so you have proof of a personal and a work phone. Dave's correct about cell phones if you're deducting the usage. But then again the IRS has no cash and hardly audits anymore. The risks are minimal.
I have many "lines" and this is what I do. I called my CPA for :censored2:s and giggles and asked him about all this and if I could audited? He laughed and said "they wouldn't waste their time. Your good, no worries ".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpg
I can totally get not wanting to spend the money. But when you're going to use them, sometimes the risk of them breaking is worth it. I'm a bit crazy about sunglasses though. If I'm outside and it's sunny, they're on my face.
See I have never wore sunglasses but the age is really starting to show in my eyes. Plus I have 20/15 vision and really want to protect them. So I just sprung for a pair. Well the wife sprung for a pair.

Stopher

What have you guys found to be the most suitable and comfortable sunglasses? I have a very nice pair of oakleys (4+2)squared. But the problem is they are rather expensive so I'm looking for something a lot less cheaper they can take a little bit of a beating and scratch but not worry so much because of the price.
Smith sliders. The lenses are interchangeable so depending on the weather (overcast or raining) they have lenses for that. Plus u just look cool as :censored2:.

mmmbrownies

Xloop Metal Boating Polarized Driving Sunglasses (Black)
Polarized, black, brown, silver. Prime shipping. I usually get 3 months out of my sunglasses, so I don't like to buy expensive ones.