• Low pay.

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Few opportunities for promotion.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • My negative coworkers.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Boring work.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other. Post your reason in the [URL="http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f64/what-makes-you-miserable-wor

Votes: 31 25.4%

• Total voters

TwoFingeredWillie

We work Sundays and it sucks. Lots of people call in sick and there is never ever perfect attendance far from it actually. And now with football season upon us, forget about it, it is going to be a complete joke. We worked on Easter, mothers day, fathers day. we worked the day sunday before july 4th (july 3rd) which actually ran into the 4th. so in reality we didn't have the 4th off. it's a fractured weekend all the time. I was hired for Mon-Fri. Sunday is the biggest and most important family day. UPS sucks!

TwoFingeredWillie

we start work on a Thursday between 10:45 pm and 11:15 pm and go back to work on Sunday at 6:30 pm (when sundays started it was 8:30 pm, more lies from UPS and they stated it as an extended weekend) so we get ripped off 4-5 hrs per weekend. Most people report to work on Friday at 9 AM and then it's back to work on Monday at 9 AM. Get it? 72 hours!

moreluck

golden ticket member
we start work on a Thursday between 10:45 pm and 11:15 pm and go back to work on Sunday at 6:30 pm (when sundays started it was 8:30 pm, more lies from UPS and they stated it as an extended weekend) so we get ripped off 4-5 hrs per weekend. Most people report to work on Friday at 9 AM and then it's back to work on Monday at 9 AM. Get it? 72 hours!

So, from your recent postings......UPS sucks! The Red Sox suck! And, it sucks that you don't have the 9-11 anniversary off work. You are one happy camper, aren't you?

zafira31

All of the above makes me miserable, i am a UK worker and the company is a **** company to work for, many years ago it was great but now its all about profit and productivity and the speed that this company whats drivers to work is going to kill them or a colleague or even worse a member of the public.....now were is the SAFE WORK METHODS IN THAT THEN. The management that run this company in the UK are muppets and that's me being kind to them, i can think of a few stronger words than that to say but not on here. Why do the pen pushers in the company say a driver can do this, he has plenty of time........well pen pusher here is the keys to the over loaded and unsecure load that's on my p75 you go and take it out and lets see if you can do it!!!!!! How many will stand up and say ok then....the answer is none because if the damm computer says it then we can ......what a load of bull .
Why does the company buy out other companies that have been run into the ground and went bust by their management team, then stick these muppets into the positions the good ups managers where in for them to run it into the ground also and the people in the UK know which company i am talking about i.e. LYNX EXPRESS.
And how comes when a driver has an accident it is always their fault never the other driver's fault...come on we are only human not fickin robots oh sorry we are now just a number to UPS what happen to the UPS code of practise

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Getting an ODS letting you know that you have a flat tire on your personal vehicle.
HA! I got one of those once, makes you just so look forward to getting in, knowing even when you finally do you cant leave. But I work with a great bunch of guys, and they did it for me. I could have but it would have took a whole lot longer. it was a bout 9 months ago, and I would still be trying to figure out how to get that truck tire, out from underneath the bed..........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

HA! I got one of those once, makes you just so look forward to getting in, knowing even when you finally do you cant leave. But I work with a great bunch of guys, and they did it for me. I could have but it would have took a whole lot longer. it was a bout 9 months ago, and I would still be trying to figure out how to get that truck tire, out from underneath the bed..........

I dropped the flat off at a tire repair shop on my area and picked it up later that day, putting it in the back of the PC. Saved 30 minutes of my lunch to swap tires when I got back to the center. It has been getting darker earlier and rather than sit and eat I chose to change the tires while it was still light out. I had my DIAD leaning against the front tire while I swapped out the rear.

garyaga

Hi Im package handler at the albany hub I was wondering if i can ask you questions about being a package car driver Im thinking of becoming one. I just wanna do some research. If you could respond i would apprciate it Thank you

All the cutbacks and sticking down your throat .and you take it or leave it. Also to charge a driver with an accident after hitting a dog on a state road. Hope you dont hit a bird.

ronroper

Being told how to do my job by managers that have no clue as to the job or the routes.
Being pushed beyond legal limits without even given time for lunch then to be told "we have got to get these numbers up".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Being told how to do my job by managers that have no clue as to the job or the routes.
Being pushed beyond legal limits without even given time for lunch then to be told "we have got to get these numbers up".
​I'm filing NLRB on lunch violations.

Always take the keys home with you.

I wish. Funny, between the original assigned driver and then myself his partner who inherited that rig there was not so much as a scratch. Original motor and trans, running like a swiss watch for over ten years. Loan her out and she is driven less than 1/2 a mile away to the railyard next door and promptly hit head on by a Sante Fe shifter who was more concerned with what was on his radio than how to drive.