What not to do

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
....Used his had between the sections to help pull it down and got three hung between the panels.

My father-in-law did the same thing with his new garage door before he had installed the opener. He crushed the top half of his index finger and looked similar to the pic that DS posted for a few weeks.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dont worry Ds

If I can fight my way back to the computer within a few weeks after this, I know you will be back by the weekend.:wink2:

BTW, did the doc tell you that sucking on it will not help it heal?

d
hand from top.jpg
Rt Hand Xray.jpg

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I did not work safely for just one second. Used the wrong tool for the job. And because I tried to get too close, part of me hit the floor that shouldnt have. Just a reminder of how fun this past summer has been.

Bottom line, I was blessed to be able to get my parts put back on. But too many times, one split second, your life changes. Forever.

Im glad DS is a tough guy. IF he can keep that finger from getting cold, he will be back to "normal".

But it hurt like hell didnt it DS. ESPECIALLY when they started digging around after they "numbed" the finger.:anxious:

Hell, it hurts me just thinkin about it.

d

brownie68

One moringing before I had an area I was told that I was going to ride with a stupidviser and just be a runner so I said ok . We left building and shortly after that we were delivering . this guy would not even wait for me to sit and put my seatbelt on he was already driving off . Well to make a long story short this guy chrushed my elbow with the bulk head door !!!!! I returned from a delivery and as I sat down I was putting on the seatbelt and my arm was in the path or bulkhead door. He turned left and the open door shut closed right on my elbow !!!!!!

over9five

Staff member
One moringing before I had an area I was told that I was going to ride with a stupidviser and just be a runner so I said ok . We left building and shortly after that we were delivering . this guy would not even wait for me to sit and put my seatbelt on he was already driving off . Well to make a long story short this guy chrushed my elbow with the bulk head door !!!!! I returned from a delivery and as I sat down I was putting on the seatbelt and my arm was in the path or bulkhead door. He turned left and the open door shut closed right on my elbow !!!!!!

Ha! So he must have REALLY been behind after you had him take you to the ER for x-rays.

tracker2762

I had done this a few years ago. Shut the rear door of my 800 on two fingers and broke both above the first knuckle. Went to thrift drug for some Tylenol and kept working and finished the day. I didn't think they were broken but two days later the pain wouldn't go away so I thought a few xrays were inorder. Sure even they were broken.
Out on comp for eight weeks. They are still bent at an angle and every time I look at them it's a reminder to work safe.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS

I've had my elbow get squished in the same manner.

Shouldn't the bulkhead door be shut before he was moving??:wink2:

Oh no, supervisors are exempt from using methods. They must be, every one that I have observed working did not use all the methods.
On Christmas Eve, we had late air being brought out to the extended area I was working, three drivers sat finished for 1 hour 45 minutes, When the sup brought them to us, he had to stop and get fuel before he left town but he didn't have a company credit card, so I loaned him mine and he took off a couple of blocks to the station. Soon as I got to the station to my card the sup was inside paying. His bulk head door was open (meaning he drove there with it open) and the keys were in the ignition. LOL, I felt a little sorry for him so I didn't give him a rash of poopoo. Just said Merry Christmas.

arban

bulkhead should have been closed and his/your seatbelts secure BEFORE moving-include seat belt not secure/bulkhead open in all reports to follow-curious who touched and left b.h. door open last?-DOCUMENT all past and future dates and contacts(phone/paper/meetings)-best wishes for a complete recovery

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh no, supervisors are exempt from using methods. They must be, every one that I have observed working did not use all the methods.
On Christmas Eve, we had late air being brought out to the extended area I was working, three drivers sat finished for 1 hour 45 minutes, When the sup brought them to us, he had to stop and get fuel before he left town but he didn't have a company credit card, so I loaned him mine and he took off a couple of blocks to the station. Soon as I got to the station to my card the sup was inside paying. His bulk head door was open (meaning he drove there with it open) and the keys were in the ignition. LOL, I felt a little sorry for him so I didn't give him a rash of poopoo. Just said Merry Christmas.

I saw one of the local sups delivering yesterday. As he was going around the corner at the busiest intersection in town (2 major U.S. highways intersect at that stoplight) he was punching in stuff on his DIAD and his bulkhead door was open. I will be telling my still working friends about this so that they have some ammo the next time he is jumping down their throats about saftey.

I saw one of the local sups delivering yesterday. As he was going around the corner at the busiest intersection in town (2 major U.S. highways intersect at that stoplight) he was punching in stuff on his DIAD and his bulkhead door was open. I will be telling my still working friends about this so that they have some ammo the next time he is jumping down their throats about saftey.
Too bad you couldn't have gotten a pic of that...talk about "Priceless" LOL