What now, no bluetooth?

over9five

Staff member
When people start complaining about supervisors calling them on their cellphones and threatening grievances, I always wonder how that darn supervisor got the cellphone number in the first place....

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When people start complaining about supervisors calling them on their cellphones and threatening grievances, I always wonder how that darn supervisor got the cellphone number in the first place....
You wouldn't believe how many drivers will give out information about another driver when a sup asks. Also the fact that in my hub they have a "black book"'of sorts that they store drivers cell phones in so any sup has access to it. That book didn't get filled willfully to say the least.

over9five

Staff member
You wouldn't believe how many drivers will give out information about another driver when a sup asks. Also the fact that in my hub they have a "black book"'of sorts that they store drivers cell phones in so any sup has access to it. That book didn't get filled willfully to say the least.

It's also insanely easy to change your cell number.

Nimnim

The Nim
I dunno about PC drivers, but at my hub there's a sign saying no bluetooth use inside, though there's quite a few of the feeder drivers who ignore that. I'm not around when the PC drivers show up so I can't ask them. That aside phones are prohibited for the hub workers to have inside so it matters not to me either way.

Deeohem

The wireless scanning equipment used by the sorts uses Bluetooth to communicate between the ring scanner and the terminal on the user's belt. When the ring and the terminal lose their association, the user has to stop and redo the association. In order to reduce the chances of this happening, UPS wants to reduce the number of competing Bluetooth devices in the building. As far as on-road, I've never seen anything that says no.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's also insanely easy to change your cell number.

It's also insanely easy for UPS to respect your wishes and stop contacting you through your cell phone. Much like a lot of things at UPS, they just don't seem to aknowledge anything you say. It's amazing how managments tone changes when putting something in writing on the DIAD and a phone conversation.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Well, a little off-topic - but if UPS ever bans the use of hands-free devices by drivers on-road....that will also be the last time I ever speak to an on-road during a 3 day or safety ride.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
But, how many calls and text to your buddies informing them of the change?

Well, a little off-topic - but if UPS ever bans the use of hands-free devices by drivers on-road....that will also be the last time I ever speak to an on-road during a 3 day or safety ride.
Several of us do that now. When a sup is asking safety questions while you are trying to concentrate ondriving, that's a in cab distraction.

raceanoncr

Nine out of ten feeder drivers endorse Bluetooths.

Never found one that worked for me. Tried everything from $40 up to $200. Noise canceling, the whole smear. Nothing. Too much background noise. Unusual cuz sleeper and other tractors are so quiet (well, most of the time) now.

Other friends got em and swear by em. Toward the last, friend of mine shared tractor, he in day, me in night. Got same bluetooth, same phone, same service. Me...NADA! Him...sounds like yer sitting right next to him in the living room.

Used "wired" hands-free instead. Worked just fine.

On last two annual rides, I HAD to have phone ready. Mom was ready to die and I had other business issues, along with being steward. Phone rang, I said I have to take this, supe merely said, "As long as it doesn't interfere with driving", as I rear-ended another truck. j/k

tracker2762

They asked for our cell phone number and I gave it to them They don't call me because they know I won't answer it. I usually get a message through the diad begging me to give them a call. If a number comes through that's not in my address book, I don't answer it. My sups number is not in it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've mentioned this before on here but the bluetooth on your headset is on a different frequency as the one in the building. They can not interfere with each other. Bluetooth come in 3 different frequencies and wavelengths.