What on-route customers are saying to drivers

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Everyone and their mother has had something to say about the news coverage but no one in my area has complained to me about their package not making it for Christmas. One :censored2: today while I was picking up his reportedly damaged big screen tv for the damage clerk said,"This is why people didn't get their packages in time for Christmas" which made no sense. His wife just rolled her eyes and shook her head at him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unfortunately normal isn't news worthy.

This true statement is a sad commentary on our world today.

I had a delivery for a bar yesterday. This bar, to be polite, is not the kind of place you would go for a nice quiet night with your spouse or SO----it's a dump frequented by welfare scum. As I am making the delivery of lottery tickets some of the regulars start making comments----"United Pot Smokers" and "United Partial Service" were two of the more family-friendly responses I received. As I walked out I said just loud enough to be heard, "Must be nice to be able to sit in a bar all day".

Z

ZQXC

I had a delivery for a bar yesterday. This bar, to be polite, is not the kind of place you would go for a nice quiet night with your spouse or SO----it's a dump frequented by welfare scum. As I am making the delivery of lottery tickets some of the regulars start making comments----"United Pot Smokers" and "United Partial Service" were two of the more family-friendly responses I received. As I walked out I said just loud enough to be heard, "Must be nice to be able to sit in a bar all day".

I'm certain they are still stinging from that clever retort.

FilingBluesFL

They work twice as hard as upsers tho. Mainly because they deliver their packages and then go back to redeliver them to the correct address.

Funny you mentioned that... Last week me and my helper are delivering to an address, some guy is walking cross the street towards us with a huge package he can barely hold on to...

"Well, are you guys at the right house? Because FedEx couldn't seem to find the right one, and left this at my house instead..."

We just giggled and left...

The Driver was just a holiday temp, I've never seen him, and he was in a Budget rental... felt good though lol

gman042

Been around the block a few times
One guy comes running out of his shop and flags me down. "I just wanted you to know not every one hates you," he says.
When the number of actual packages delivered on Christmas Eve is revealed it will boggle the mind.

Indecisi0n

We are suppose to be the bigger person and act in a professional manner. It would have better to not say anything at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They do when these people are giving me crap while I am trying to do my job from which I pay taxes which allows them to sit on their asses and drink beer in a dumpy bar all day long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I said it just barely loud enough to where I heard it. With the music blaring in the background I am sure none of the "patrons" heard it or, as you put it, they would have kicked this skinny white guy's ass.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Careful. That can go bad real fast. Similar story yesterday. Driver at a local mall had similar situation & it got out of control. He made a quick exit, but not before somebody spit on him.

I had a lady lose her mind on me Sunday when I was out doing a sweep for airs. Sorry ma'm no I don't have your package. I'm not making deliveries. I just drove off while she still bitched at me.

Then you have people like this that actually understand

image.jpg

They do when these people are giving me crap while I am trying to do my job from which I pay taxes which allows them to sit on their asses and drink beer in a dumpy bar all day long.

Feel free to vent that all you want here. Doing so while in their domain wearing buster browns is on the top 10 list for the Darwin awards.