What options do I have other than quitting?

Ouch

Article 37 and 66. Ask to review your training packet with a steward present. Look to see what you have signed. Managers will tell you numerous things to try and get you to come in. Don't worry about the meaningless threats. Just file 37 and 66 every time you feel harassed. If you quit they win. Get to know your steward and yall come up with a game plan on how to handle this. Remember he will be representing you so keep him informed. Document everything, word for word.write it down you will never remember everything that is said.

icu

for who you are !
Article 37 and 66. Ask to review your training packet with a steward present. Look to see what you have signed. Managers will tell you numerous things to try and get you to come in. Don't worry about the meaningless threats. Just file 37 and 66 every time you feel harassed. If you quit they win. Get to know your steward and yall come up with a game plan on how to handle this. Remember he will be representing you so keep him informed. Document everything, word for word.write it down you will never remember everything that is said.

Maybe you didn't hear what he said, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT !!!!

fiddledee

While loading a different supervisor came and told me my ft supervisor wanted to see me before I left tonight and when I went to find him I was taken to the manager who doesn't like me's office and written up for "insubordination" even tho it did exactly what I was told to do. So what are my options in how would be best to handle this? Just file grievance after grievance for every little thing I can and drown them in paperwork? Or go to the union hall and bring it up to them? Or just bend over and grab my ankles and smile and take it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

a good steward can guide you if you can find one in that building. I'm curious though. do you have any management people in that building that like you and would help you? You dont seem to have been there long enough to piss off so many people?

At this point they've back off some because last night my ft sup came in the truck working with me while corporate came through the hub to do an audit and he pulled a wall down in the truck that happened to fall and hit me in the face and after that happened I brought up to him "isn't it in the contract that supervisors aren't supposed to be working they're supposed to be supervising?" So with corporate being in the building and him working in the truck and being responsible for an employee being injured and failing to report it like he's supposed to they basically just left me alone for the rest of the night and even asked me instead of people with more seniority if I wanted to go home and I told him no I'll wait till I have my guaranteed hours then he can come back and ask me if they still need people to go.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Indecisi0n

At this point they've back off some because last night my ft sup came in the truck working with me while corporate came through the hub to do an audit and he pulled a wall down in the truck that happened to fall and hit me in the face and after that happened I brought up to him "isn't it in the contract that supervisors aren't supposed to be working they're supposed to be supervising?" So with corporate being in the building and him working in the truck and being responsible for an employee being injured and failing to report it like he's supposed to they basically just left me alone for the rest of the night and even asked me instead of people with more seniority if I wanted to go home and I told him no I'll wait till I have my guaranteed hours then he can come back and ask me if they still need people to go.

Sent using BrownCafe App
He was nice to you because corp was there but tomorrow will be the same BS as before. You had an opportunity and you missed it. Maybe next time.

I'm thinking my best bet now would be to call either the union hall or OSHA because now we're being told that all the irregs need to be piled on the sides of the truck while we unload and wait till the end of the truck then empty them but wouldn't that technically be forcing us employees to block our safe egress from the trucks all in the name of being "more productive"?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

Why do you want to call the hall or osha. You need to talk to your steward and get him in the loop. A call to the hall will result in, have you talked to your steward, have you filed on it. Osha will get you no where. Talk to your steward, if he's a good steward he will guide you. You are going to have to grow a pair and stand up for your rights. In sounds like you are trying to get somebody else to fight your battles.

ShipIt

Why do you want to call the hall or osha. You need to talk to your steward and get him in the loop. A call to the hall will result in, have you talked to your steward, have you filed on it. Osha will get you no where. Talk to your steward, if he's a good steward he will guide you. You are going to have to grow a pair and stand up for your rights. In sounds like you are trying to get somebody else to fight your battles.

I agree. You need to get a union booklet and know/read your rights. Get a copy of the job "methods" sheet from your supervisor as well. The steward will assist you in arguing that it is unsafe for you to work in the trailer.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You are wrong.

UPS does not care about you or your health we are underpaid slaves.

Stick it to management at every opportunity.

Slaves are doing pretty good now days. Most have a house, car, pension, and lots of food in the fridge! Kunta Kinte had it far worst!

Island

this kind of thing never gets better in the hub. eventually they may stop targeting you but don't get your hopes up. what you need to learn is what to say.
It's good you know some of your rights. But much like your rights when under arrest, you have to say certain things to invoke your rights when management is bothering you.
"Where's my steward?"
"Do you have proof that I did those things other than what one member of management claims?"
"You have to train me to do this if you think I am not getting better at it. And to train me you need to show me, step by step, instead of just standing beside me and throwing things."
And never, ever sign anything unless your steward says to.
If you are ever pulled into a room to talk to a FT sup or a manager, ask for your steward. Demand it. If they don't have the steward in the room while they talk down to you then you immediately file a grievance or just walk out of the room.

Trashing your load is not something I would suggest. Not only are you damaging the packages but you are probably hurting the unloader who is going to unload that trailer. When I was a trainer in unload, the most frequent injury was messed up walls falling on people or hidden heavy objects jumping off the tops of bad walls.
If you go slow and do your best and you still don't get it, you need real training or you are hurting your teamster brothers.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Yes we are.

We should be making at least 50 bucks an hour just to deal with management BS.
UPS is about the only place that I know of in the world where you can make what you make without any kind of education or advanced skill training. And the prospect of having to call your boss "sir" or just show some basic respect to those above you is too much at your pay-rate? Lol. Go back to school and be all you can be then. If you get really good at finances you can go into the stock market and be your own boss!

Last edited:

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You can grieve on him working if you have a witness. But a box falling on your face is a boo-boo, not an injury, unless you tore some ligament in your neck as a result of it. Reminds me of the injury report that just got read to my belt on Monday "Employee was returning to the sort aisle from a water break when he hit his knee on a chute..." A couple of chuckles, pansy sorters reporting non-injuries. "Employee was loading on the green belt when he stated he got dust in his eye." Entire belt rolling on the floor laughing. "Tell them I get little brown boogers from breathing the :censored2: in! Put that on the report!"

There's a difference between hurt and injured. Hurt is "Ouch. Don't want to do that again." Injured is "Ouch, I can no longer continue to safely perform my job." What should the FT sup have done? Rushed you to the ER to make sure all your vitals were normal?

Last edited: