What other perks do Express employees get to enjoy?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by mjtrackman, Apr 21, 2013.

1. mjtrackman

mjtrackman Member

As a ground driver I got the 22% discount from Verizon because I picked up there a lot. Are there any others places that give employees discounts?
  2. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

Splash Splash Water Park - 20% off Thursday afternoons between 5:30 and 6 PM. Some restrictions apply
  3. mjtrackman

mjtrackman Member

4. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Plenty of free parking at my station.

How 'bout yours?
  5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Don't give them any ideas or you could have a "parking deduction" on your paycheck next week.
  6. Reattempt tomorrow

Reattempt tomorrow New Member

Get a front row seat each month to the comedy show frontline.
  7. 55+

55+ Member

starbucks employees get a pound of coffee a week and 20% off everything in the store.
  8. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Wow, they get a $5 cup of coffee for only $4!!
  9. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Taxpayer subsidized healthcare discount for Ground drivers.
  10. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

As a small business owner, I get insurance at about a 20% discount through the NASE.
  11. NonyaBiznes

NonyaBiznes Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

Coupons for Bengay, Icy Hot, Aleve, Motrin, Epsom Salt and shoe GEL insoles.
  12. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

Don't forget K-Y Jelly...and ohhh, do we ever need that one
  13. mjtrackman

mjtrackman Member

Too funny
  14. Nick9075

Nick9075 Member

I checked into NASE. Like most others, not eligible in MA or NY state....I can only afford the cheapest individual plan offered thru state of Massachusetts (what the ACA - Obamacare will be modelled after) for the bargain rate of $309 a month for an individual with no health issues and only see doctor maybe once every 3-5 years. I get no subsidies, $5,000 deductible, $50 copay for doctors office...
    In NY State medicaid is supposed to be the best in the country, I heard that NY spends more on medicaid than Texas & CA combined. Maybe I should get on that.
  15. AMJ1981

AMJ1981 New Member

Why so many jokes? I think OP asked a legitimate question. I work at Express and I for sure would like to know what we get from you guys because as we all know, our managers dont tell us squat. One thing I've heard is getting a discount at Apple? Bring your id badge. Is this true?
  16. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I doubt that walking into an Apple store with your badge is gonna get you a discount.
    I think ordering something from Apple on fedex.corporateperks.com website will work.
  17. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

1. Apple 4% or 6%
    2. Nissan, GM, and most of the other guys we ship. (I got $1,200 off for being part of Nissans VPP)
    3. ATT, Verizon, T Mobile (I think it's 10%, 15%, and 15% off respectively) I could be off, but I do know ATT is 10%
    4. There are various cruise discounts. (I've never used this one, not sure how 'good' it actually is)

Those are the only 4 I can think of off the top of my head.

Since we are still considered an "airline", Express employees qualify for Non-Rev travel discounts. Use it for your hotel bookings and go online to book your flights and you can actually have a decent vacation that won't break you completely.
  19. Nick9075

Nick9075 Member

nothing for FedEx ground or HD. I couldn't even get a discount to send a fax from a FedEx office location.
  20. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

the Ground package handlers have some bennies though (remember we're not really employees, but "vendors" for Ground/HD)