What percentage are honest?

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Too often just surviving at UPS requires you do do a little fudging. Upper mgmnt has a tendency not to except things when reality gets in the way. I waited one morning for 20 minutes after I was supposed to be on the road for a DIAD to download. Boss was all shook up trying to figure out a way to code my time so he wouldn't look bad.

If that time gets coded to safety or car wash or ______ it does us all a disservice. Other centers could be having the same problem but they'll feel pressure to creatively report the time or they'll stick out. Repeat that process over and over and over and that's why management feels pressure to do creative coding rather than telling it like it is. If enough people reported time lost because of a DIAD problem the DIAD people would be the ones feeling the pressure.

CAFAL

Been here 18 years. 8 different center manager's. All were dirty BUT, only 1 has been honest (Current center manager). He only has a year left before retiring. He hides nothing. He shares all kinds of juicy info. He's the most fair center manager I've had. Because of that, we all go above and beyond for him. Funny thing, out of the 8 center manager's, 3 have been fired for cooking the books.

Had a center manager 3 years ago who had a year left. What a great guy. Walked around smiling and happy. Bs every day. Ran extra routes. He didn't care what spc were or the plan. Everyone worked their heart out for this guy. And he got results. Great working for him

CAFAL

Also had a center manager who was a third degree blackbelt. He would finish the pcm w "if you have a problem, i'll take you out back." Friggin funny. I heard he got fired for choking out an oms. He was a good guy

CAFAL

Also had a center manager who was a third degree blackbelt. He would finish the pcm w "if you have a problem, i'll take you out back." Friggin funny. I heard he got fired for choking out an oms. He was a good guy

Brutally honest he was

ymelord

A reflection of myself... I am a team player. I do what I can. I'll help anybody who needs help,management or guys in my loop. If it's on my truck, i'll deliver it. Getting paid either way. I see guys with issues, and how supervisors talk to them. Honesty and integrity goes both ways
That's integrity not Integrity

Last edited:

ymelord

Currently reading a book, The Liar in Your Life. Everyone lies, it's all about the intent of their lies that matters.

Been here 18 years. 8 different center manager's. All were dirty BUT, only 1 has been honest (Current center manager). He only has a year left before retiring. He hides nothing. He shares all kinds of juicy info. He's the most fair center manager I've had. Because of that, we all go above and beyond for him. Funny thing, out of the 8 center manager's, 3 have been fired for cooking the books.

Beat me to it.

I've never met an honest person in my life.
Ups breads an environment of pure dishonesty. The judge and jury are all dishonest and the decide the fate of the dishonest.

DS

Fenderbender
Can someone else address this DB? I don't feel like receiving another warning from moderators on telling someone off.
He is trying to piss people off.That's what he does.
Because he can.
Don't let him bother you,that's what he wants.

DS

Fenderbender
To me it seems that although most sups are good people,they are not judged by how nice they are.
They are forced to try to do the impossible on a daily basis.
They can be demoted,sent to Siberia,or fired,for being nice.
I think they are way too busy to do things efficiently,and lie
out of ignorance as a result.
God forgive them for they know not what they do.

Justaname

To me it seems that although most sups are good people,they are not judged by how nice they are.
They are forced to try to do the impossible on a daily basis.
They can be demoted,sent to Siberia,or fired,for being nice.
I think they are way too busy to do things efficiently,and lie
out of ignorance as a result.
God forgive them for they know not what they do.
Correction we are forced to do the impossible so they can hit an impossible number. I know they are evaluated based on our performance, but when the number keeps going up I don't feel bad for not hitting it. I give a 100 percent and nothing less. That's all a human can do.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I had to pick a number I would put it at about 85 to 90%.

It is also important to take the intent of the dishonesty into consideration before you judge someone. I personally make a distinction between those who lie and screw others over in order to climb the corporate ladder versus those who might "fudge" a little bit simply to keep from getting fired for failure to meet an irrational/impossible expectation. Its a lot easier for for us union employees who are protected by a contract to be 100% honest than it is for low level management people who can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have seen some good sups, but the ones I have had to interact with-for the most part-, I wouldn't trust them to babysit my dog.

texan

Beat me to it.

I've never met an honest person in my life.

I know what you mean. All I can do is weakly attempt to keep myself in check.
I am not perfect and hate when I uhhhh stretch the truth or lie.

I am so Blessed that my immediate report to manager if very honest.
He will share his thoughts one-on-one with me at times, and I do not repeat what he says.
It is different when he has to address a group. He does not lie, but uses his words carefully.

But it is true that all of us have not told the complete truth.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can someone else address this DB? I don't feel like receiving another warning from moderators on telling someone off.

He is trying to piss people off.That's what he does.
Because he can.
Don't let him bother you,that's what he wants.

I was asked a question and I responded truthfully. I have yet to have to deal with a dishonest sup or center manager. Believe it, don't believe it---I don't care. I am not here to seek anyone's approval.