What percentage of drivers drove during the 97' strike?

BrownTexas

Good news is if we ever had to strike again, I'm more than positive I could get a job in a day and my wife works enough to keep us in the black, just wouldn't be able to grow my empire. :-(

Overpaid Union Thug

The strike was a short while before I was hired but I know a couple drivers crossed. I'm sure everyone that was around then remembers that they did that but no one seems to care now. I think it's because one of them caught a little more grief for it then most people would. The things that we're done to that guy go well beyond what most people would expect. Even the most die-hard union folks thought that things went way too far.

I can't give away what happened without risking my identity but I can say that the things that were done to that guy we're rather cowardly on the Union's part. Way more cowardly than crossing the picket line.

oldngray

nowhere special
If there's a strike can you use sick or vacation days or are you just not gonna be paid...cause I really wanna go on strike

If you are already scheduled for a vacation during a strike you will still get vacation pay. I doubt UPS would let you schedule any days after you are already on strike.

raceanoncr

If you are already scheduled for a vacation during a strike you will still get vacation pay. I doubt UPS would let you schedule any days after you are already on strike.

That's what happened to me in '97. Scheduled 2 wks vacation those wks. I never do that and haven't since. Just didn't ever do back to back vacs. Did this time. Got paid, plus strike pay for just 4 hrs, although I would put in 8 hrs most times cuz I was living alone and nuttin else to do. Made money those two wks.

BTW, a couple package drivers "I CAN'T AFFORD THIS" crossed. No feeder drivers