What percentage of Teamsters do you think will vote in the upcoming IBT election?

hembone

From what I understand, Sandy just left your state and I doubt it much that she invested zero. Are you telling me that in 91, a three way race didnt help Ron Carey with his 48% of the vote? what do you think?
When the mail ballots were counted, Carey had 188,883 votes,​
Durham 129,538, and Shea 71,222.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
From what I understand, Sandy just left your state and I doubt it much that she invested zero. Are you telling me that in 91, a three way race didnt help Ron Carey with his 48% of the vote? what do you think?

Brother 804,

I am not saying there is anything wrong with Sandy Pope. I have no negative feelings towards her. What I am saying is that her efforts here were not gaining any traction and her "investment" was practically zero for the most part.

The important part of this coming election boils down to changing horses in the middle of a stream. The economy is slowing, the possibility of another smaller recession is gaining traction and the last thing we should do is place a NEWBIE in charge of our contract.

Indeed, the Hoffa team negotiated what "I" thought was a horrible contract last time, but it could be worse with someone just stepping in.

Hoffa should win easily, and in my opinion, the other two candidates will cancel each other out.

Peace.

Gegare and Sheard are not "NEWBIES". A Gegare-Sheard 2011 candidate on the Central Region Vice President ticket, Fred Z, has one of the largest UPS memberships in the country. Many of the candidates on the Gegare-Sheard Slate represent UPS members and are vocal about the the lack of IBT leadership within its Package Division when it comes to the UPS members in total.

How can you honestly put any faith in someone that you openly admit brought you a "horrible contract"? How can you stand there and take another beating after you just took one? It doesn't make any sense.

If we as members have become that numb, we have to look for change to bring us out of that zone. Aren't we all leaders? If we have become followers like sheep, we will be left in the pasture to eat the same ole grass and poop out the same ole crap.

bigblu 2 you

I personally think Gegare would make a great International President.
i met him a few weeks ago and have researched his slate.if they do what they have promised we will be in good hands.seemed genuine and willing.btw,Fred Z is a good candidate with a strong background.he and his father have dealt wit ups a long time.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What is the date of the election

• candidate forum (debate): latest official date I saw was Sept. 07, in the D.C. area.
  • Ballots mailed October 06, 2011
  • Ballot count starts November 14,2011

Make sure your current address is on file with your Local!

mamirk69

• candidate forum (debate): latest official date I saw was Sept. 07, in the D.C. area.
  • Ballots mailed October 06, 2011
  • Ballot count starts November 14,2011
Make sure your current address is on file with your Local!

I wonder will Hoffa show up for this debate or will he send hall instead. This should be an eye opener for those who are Hoffa believers. An emergency meeting will pop up I suppose.

krash

Go big orange
i would have to guess around 24% will vote. And judging by the one's I've worked with, UPSers don't vote. But they complain. Now if your unhappy with your representation, then why not vote? I've always reminded my fellow employee's to vote during the election time and I would say the majority would always tell me, "I forgot" or "I think I threw it away".
Come on people, this is our Union and the Rep's work for us. So if your unhappy, take 3 minutes to ck a box, put it in the envelope and drop it in the mail box. It ain't difficult and it doesn't take that much time.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I wonder will Hoffa show up for this debate or will he send hall instead. This should be an eye opener for those who are Hoffa believers. An emergency meeting will pop up I suppose.

Brother Hall is already scheduled in place of Pres. Hoffa @ the debate. No 'last minute emergency' meeting necessary.

hembone

I don't blame Hoffa, I wouldn't debate them either. Two people promising the membership the world on a string taking pot shots at you.

804brown

Brother Hall is already scheduled in place of Pres. Hoffa @ the debate. No 'last minute emergency' meeting necessary.

"Shocked, shocked!" Typical. He cant stand up to UPS management ;why should we expect him to be a stand up guy and face his opponents. He never had it in him. He knows it himself that he is only a name. I dont think that name is gonna cut it this year. Incumbents BEWARE!!

krash

Go big orange
You have to remember there are 3 candidates for president. So your gonna have the die hard Hoffa members who will vote for him and then the vote against will be divided between the other two. So it's quite possible he will walk right in again.
Now I supported Hoffa in the past but the way things are I can't bring myself to do it again. But who to vote for who will do a better job? Now Sandy Pope doesn't even have a slate, she's running by herself so if elected, what can she do compared to being voted in with a slate that would support her?
Then you have Fred, who actually has a slate. But I know nothing of him or those running with. Is there anyone on here who is a member of his local who can shed some light on his accomplishments? Has he had success against UPS and enforcing the contract?

804brown

You have to remember there are 3 candidates for president. So your gonna have the die hard Hoffa members who will vote for him and then the vote against will be divided between the other two. So it's quite possible he will walk right in again.
Now I supported Hoffa in the past but the way things are I can't bring myself to do it again. But who to vote for who will do a better job? Now Sandy Pope doesn't even have a slate, she's running by herself so if elected, what can she do compared to being voted in with a slate that would support her?
Then you have Fred, who actually has a slate. But I know nothing of him or those running with. Is there anyone on here who is a member of his local who can shed some light on his accomplishments? Has he had success against UPS and enforcing the contract?

Sandy worked for Ron Carey. Fred worked for Junior, enough said!!

hembone

What about hall he worked for both and Sandy has already made it clear she wants him to work for her if she should win.