What perks do FedEx employees enjoy?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
nah, .... nobody can beat FedEx's deal with Splash Splash!

I hear the Splash Splash discount is now 20%, and that you can use it M-friend, but only during January and February. Plus, Splash Splash is opening a second location!! The Buffalo park has been mobbed by FedExers, so they're opening another in International Falls, MN. Grand opening is Dec. 31st!!

Doc Sorting Dude

Fedex seems to think that putting that uniform on as one of the perks, except now ordering uniforms is a lost cause. So, wear that faded and tattered uniform, its a badge of honor in Fedex eyes.

Driver

So you're saying I won't be ordering myself a new set of uniforms when I go in? That I'll just get hand-me-downs from some sweaty pile?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So you're saying I won't be ordering myself a new set of uniforms when I go in? That I'll just get hand-me-downs from some sweaty pile?

Yep. If it's anything like at my station, they will give you discarded, used uniforms to wear until the new ones come in. Enjoy!

Nick9075

We get to be mistreated and disrespected daily. If you are into humiliation and self-loathing, I guess this could be could be considered a perk. Beatings and whippings are soon going to be available options.

Its much worse for Ground & HD contractors. I don't know where BBSAM works, but at the terminal I work there is constant backstabbing, spying and management will look for any reason to terminate your contract. Splish Splash?? LOL, how much is a daily ticket now? around $50 for each adult with insane prices for food or $5.00 for a small bottle of water?

HomeDelivery

Nick, i'm sorry that you're having a bad time at your terminal... it's pretty decent in the current terminal i'm at right now. The warehouse workers are happy to be getting paid by the hour for only 4-5 hours of work & the bennies they get from working for FedEx Ground

& most of the contractors/single owner-operators have good rapport with the management (one or two contractors, though, have moved on after seeing how little their ROI were for all the BS they have to deal with)

as drivers, we're not really getting the same bennies as a warehouse worker (like the cell phone discounted plans since we don't get CPC messages through our scanners ~ yet)

i guess the free DR bags to use for my own trash can is a perk <shrugs>

hypo hanna

In bigger districts I have seen the pile moved from station to station and grow with each move. If you are lucky you might get to choose from such a mountain of rags.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In bigger districts I have seen the pile moved from station to station and grow with each move. If you are lucky you might get to choose from such a mountain of rags.

We have the "closet of rags", which is chock full since so many people have quit. Usually, the new hire gets something that is A: Too big or too small, B: Tattered, torn, or worn, or C: Faded on the top, new on the bottom or vice versa, so you get that "cool" Goodwill look.

What does it say about an organization that clothes it's representatives in rags, and requires approval of a VP just to approve a uniform order? To me, it says "totally dysfunctional", and "focused on the wrong things".

overflowed

We have the "closet of rags", which is chock full since so many people have quit. Usually, the new hire gets something that is A: Too big or too small, B: Tattered, torn, or worn, or C: Faded on the top, new on the bottom or vice versa, so you get that "cool" Goodwill look.

What does it say about an organization that clothes it's representatives in rags, and requires approval of a VP just to approve a uniform order? To me, it says "totally dysfunctional", and "focused on the wrong things".

Million dollar corporation baby. WELCOME!

Epoisode7

Whoever posted this, asking about clothes... I was forced by my Ground contractor to buy my own uniforms. I only wore one uniform set over and over. I had 5 brand new shorts, and 2 pants, which I think are the same at Express. I also had the winter jacket, which does not say Ground. I had 5 new purple/black Ground shirts. Some of it was still in plastic. I would have gladly mailed all of this new clothing to you (via UPS or USPS of course) but I took it down to the local Salvation Army after I quit.

overflowed

I have a question. I swear someone posted in this thread that as an airline employee we can get some kind of extra discount at hotels. Looked through it and don't see what I remember reading. Maybe another thread? If what I swore I read has truth please elaborate .

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have a question. I swear someone posted in this thread that as an airline employee we can get some kind of extra discount at hotels. Looked through it and don't see what I remember reading. Maybe another thread? If what I swore I read has truth please elaborate .

it's true... all you need to do is show your AAA membership card.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
actually I believe we do get a discount rate through some of the hotel chains...but I still bet a AAA membership will score ya a better deal.