What shipper do (did) you hate to deliver the most & why?

diesel96

22' chrome spinners and 33' and 36' Mickey Thompsons inflated on American Racing or Weld's in the box. I roll the square box. Like the first caveman who discover the first wheel.

HazMatMan

Avon, 9 times out of 10 it's already fallen apart and taped up.
Ah yes, Avon, the shipper who puts two plastic straps around a box with cosmetics, etc etc, no cushioning inside and thinks it could make it to customer. Real stupid Avon!! But hey, they are saving money on packaging materials, bubble wrap, tape, etc etc....

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Office Depot

They have to be one of the worst shippers we deliver for. They use absolutely no packing in their boxes and just throw everything into the box. Loose pens, reams of colored paper, tape, ink cartridges etc. They usually always use a box that is way to big such as putting one ink cartridge in a box that would hold 500 of em.

Then when you deliver the package it looks like it has been through a war zone. People think we are rough on the packages and always want to open them before I leave.

LKLND3380

Mine was Fingerhut. Most of their stuff was poorly packed and went to the high claim areas.:angry: Got a lot of claims for damages. I don't miss them.

I hate...

Staples paper boxes because Staple can not afford ink for their worldship labels... The barcodes do not scan and are barely readable... Maybe they can hit the "easy button" and order some printers from Best Buy or Office Depot?

I hate...

Leakers... Mon A Vie, Tahitian Noni and Xango leakers...

I hate...

Over 70s from Pottery Barn...

I hate...

Bow Flex irregs that are 1 of 8, 2 of 8, etc...

LKLND3380

Mine was Fingerhut. Most of their stuff was poorly packed and went to the high claim areas.:angry: Got a lot of claims for damages. I don't miss them.

Work out equipment, Copying Paper, Leaf Springs, thin metal pieces 6 feet high that weigh 90 lbs, and the Heavy furniture boxes that are covered in plastic (aka Bruisers)

I forgot about the leaf spings...

I hate carpets being shipped...they always come down the belt middle of the sort when I am getting hit with a bulk stop...

DS

Fenderbender
I hate...

Staples paper boxes because Staple can not afford ink for their worldship labels... The barcodes do not scan and are barely readable... Maybe they can hit the "easy button" and order some printers from Best Buy or Office Depot
Ha that is so true...I always wonder if its because they dont give a crap,they are overworked,or they are just plain clueless.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ha that is so true...I always wonder if its because they dont give a crap,they are overworked,or they are just plain clueless.

All of the above. My wife worked in one of their offices for six months for a temp agency while someone was out on maternity leave. Several times there were employees getting in fist fights with each other. The manager would just go in his office and lock the door all day.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Another oldie--------Record albums & cassette tapes, COD !!

Customers would have toooo many beers & the commercial would come on the TV to buy Elvis's top 20 golden hits. The pkg would show up & customer wouldn't remember ordering it & they don't get their unemployment check till late next week.

Remember those days well,back in the 80's.After a week of 40 nm1x a day I finally figured out that no 1 was ever going to pay.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Damn Fingerhut and Blair!

That brings back some memories. Speaking of all the COD's we used to get anyone remember that Roachpruff or what ever it was that we use to get in COD? That is no telling how many of those things I sent back NM3 or NI3.

One of the most memorable COD's I ever had was a break dancing board. I had a kid run out to my truck everyday for like two weeks when I would stop by his house. Finally one day I had it on the truck and he is ecstatic! He is trying to take it out of my hands and I am trying to explain to him I have to collect for it first. You guessed correctly............. his Mama refused to pay for it. I really felt sorry for the kid. If it would have been cheaper I probably would have paid for it and just gave it to him.

mathematics

i'm not a driver. i'm a supervisor in small sort and hate every day simply because of QVC!! those little yellow bags and big, but small enough to be called a "small" QVC boxes, destroy the small sort the minute they hit the building. Another favorite is Tthe NewYork State lottery on the first tuesday of every month. We need like 4-6 double shifters to help process that simply because of the weight of lotto bags (people magically get "sick" that night too). Anyone else have problems with Amazon.com lables that NEVER SCAN?

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Boxes of zozia grass COD those were always fun, heavy with dirt pouring out all over the shelves. Cases of wine that you try to deliver three times and then they call in and want you to come back one more time. When the weather gets cold enough they freeze and pop the corks and it is all over all the packages on the shelf.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Fingersmut, Sleeepnumber bed, avon, A set of 4 mickey thompson tires on rims, nordic trac, leaf springs, and all of the above:wink2:

HazMatMan

Drugstore.com bites the big Balbowski!! But hey, UPS made a deal with Drugstore.com not to pay any claims if they keep packing it incorrectly so I guess it's ok. Could that possibly be a safety concern???