What should I do?

Chewster

So before I got hired at UPS (month and half ago) I told HR that I had planned vacation days around June, I needed 3 days off. They couldn't give me those days off but if work isn't needed around that time they said you can talk to your sup and maybe work something out. What do you guys think I should? Will I get fired if I miss 3 days? Around June do we get big counts for the unload area?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just go on vacation and call in sick from wherever you are. You won't have a year in yet so you won't have paid sick or option days yet so what will you be losing? UPS won't shut down just because you don't show up a few days.

Gear

Parts on Order
You'll get the days off unpaid. Guys seem to forget when you take unpaid days they save money. Plus its not peak. The days you are gone, other guys will just have more work. No big deal. Every supervisor is different, pay attention and see what others are doing. My guess is, you'll get the days off.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You'll get the days off unpaid. Guys seem to forget when you take unpaid days they save money. Plus its not peak. The days you are gone, other guys will just have more work. No big deal. Every supervisor is different, pay attention and see what others are doing. My guess is, you'll get the days off.
One thing that isn't on his side is the time. If it was January or February I'd say no sweat. June gets a little trickier.

watdaflock?

You'll probably be fired before then anyways.

Kidding, it's all based on Seniority.

Be completely honest with your boss. Tell him you don't be able to work those certain days in June. Hopefully not too many (seniority) people already have the time approved off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So before I got hired at UPS (month and half ago) I told HR that I had planned vacation days around June, I needed 3 days off. They couldn't give me those days off but if work isn't needed around that time they said you can talk to your sup and maybe work something out. What do you guys think I should? Will I get fired if I miss 3 days? Around June do we get big counts for the unload area?
Why the hell are you worrying about this now?