What should I put on my resume from working at UPS?

blue741

Been loading the brown trucks for a few years now. I have no idea how to "spin" my experience. So far I've got:

• Worked efficiently to ensure drivers start on time
  • Mentored new employees on better work methods
  • Take initiative and help coworkers when they are behind

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Come on everyone, serious answers only! Anyway, allow me to translate:

• Worked efficiently to ensure drivers start on time ("The time clock is over there".)
  • Mentored new employees on better work methods ("Don't be a chump, slow down!")
  • Take initiative and help coworkers when they are behind (Yelled-"jam on 85!")

HardknocksUPSer

-Hazmat training (kinda) ;)
- great at meeting strict deadlines in a efficient manner while going above and beyond to help/satisfy fellow employees and employers
-well versed in LOGISTICS

LMAO :D

JL 0513

It's a rudimentary job. The resume' should just say UPS - Package Handler - (dates). No details needed. Next employer doesn't care about embellishments on this type of job. They know what it is. Same as if you worked non management at McDonald's. You don't go into the details on sandwich making. You would just list McDonald's and be done with it (if you even wanted to).

P

pickup

Been loading the brown trucks for a few years now. I have no idea how to "spin" my experience. So far I've got:

• Take initiative and help coworkers when they are behind

It's your resume so you have to be happy with what you put down, but you went past tense with the first two lines and present tense with the last one. I think, to be consistent , it should read more like this:

• Took initiative and helped coworkers when they were behind

PT Car Washer

I would think how long you worked at UPS PT would be enough. Most people know it is hard and not very rewarding work. I am always amazed at the number of people who tell me they worked PT at UPS for a while. As long as you don't put down that you were a PT sup you should be good.

SCV good to go sir.

In my opinion your bullet points are too specific to the job. You might want to consider generalizing them by listing the core traits of your actions that can be applied in any field. For example, your 2 last points imply leadership on your part. So you might want to say something about exhibiting leadership. Then if they ask you about it, that is when you go into specifics.