What supplemental article are we talking about?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Then why on earth is it the worst health plan currently available to members?
I'm shooting from the hip here, but it probably has something to do with the cost of living. The vast majority of the Central States excluding the major cities i.e. Chicago or Minnie have housing and taxes that are well below the national average. Let's not forget that the CS has had the opportunity to better the CS plan in every contract but has let it slide. It still boils down to 35% of the people control 100% of what happens...all because people refuse to vote, don't know it's time to vote, or thinks their vote won't matter. It's beyond asinine.

CharleyHustle

Only the regions that voted down their supplements would see those raises. Everywhere else that passed their supplement have already voted and locked in their contracts. The only changes we will see (if any) will be changes in the supplements that were voted down.

"if any". Now, if I were the company, which I'm not, I would be thinking this; "Look here! We have already been negotiating with your duly elected officials and representatives for close to a year. We argued and bargained and offered and counter offered all in good faith with your duly elected and appointed officials and representatives, and those officials and representatives shook our hands in agreement and urged a yes vote, and well, because of that, we aren't negotiating any more".

stink219

It doesn't affect many people. That's why there was a majority YES vote.

You keep saying that but it is simply not true. If you take away the default yes vote for non-voters then it is a blowout.

​The whole voting system needs to change. There is no reason a vote should be counted that has not be cast.
Did someone really convince you that a non vote is a yes? Did you calculate the YES and NO votes? They should equal about 240,000. How many voted?

fedupups

Stink...I will keep voting No on any supplement...5 years of abuse from last contract is enough for me...I have money saved for a rainy day and maybe August 1st is a rainy day...enough with this company the only way to hurt them is financially due to their shareholders( I am one of them)...so hopefully every supplement currently in the negative stays negative until we get a complete overhaul on every contract currently on the table...from raises to healthcare...because I think they should be abused for the next 5 years like what we have had to put up with the previous 5...my thoughts

UPS Preloader

Stink...I will keep voting No on any supplement...5 years of abuse from last contract is enough for me...I have money saved for a rainy day and maybe August 1st is a rainy day...enough with this company the only way to hurt them is financially due to their shareholders( I am one of them)...so hopefully every supplement currently in the negative stays negative until we get a complete overhaul on every contract currently on the table...from raises to healthcare...because I think they should be abused for the next 5 years like what we have had to put up with the previous 5...my thoughts

Just curious, based upon the last contract, what abuse did you put up with? Sounds to me like your issues have nothing to do with the contract.

fedupups

the abuse is the complete violation of the previous contract and all the grey areas that r still in there and that UPS considers their grey areas...starting with needs of business..the broken grievance procedure etc...I can go on and on...

stink219

the abuse is the complete violation of the previous contract and all the grey areas that r still in there and that UPS considers their grey areas...starting with needs of business..the broken grievance procedure etc...I can go on and on...
Grey area like, The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

Or should it say, The parties agree that the principle of over allowed shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

Inthegame

"if any". Now, if I were the company, which I'm not, I would be thinking this; "Look here! We have already been negotiating with your duly elected officials and representatives for close to a year. We argued and bargained and offered and counter offered all in good faith with your duly elected and appointed officials and representatives, and those officials and representatives shook our hands in agreement and urged a yes vote, and well, because of that, we aren't negotiating any more".
Well Charley you win the most "astute post of the night" award because that's the exact position UPS will take. Any other tweek will be minimal and cost neutral or it won't happen.

stink219

Abuse is only based on what you have accepted. You allow them to control you. So your saying that there is no satisfying you then? You only want to strike. Good job man. You have it all thought out.

UPS Preloader

We were having similar issues here until we voted in new business agents and solved the problem. The problem isn't just the contract. The problem is also the people that are representing you.

Well Charley you win the most "astute post of the night" award because that's the exact position UPS will take. Any other tweek will be minimal and cost neutral or it won't happen.
I can see that. I could also see ups diverting volume out of local 89 to hit Fred where it hurts. If I can think of this ups has already thought of it. What if they are able to divert it in a way to force major layoffs. This man wants nothing more than to further his own political agenda. He doesn't have his members best interests at heart. He has his own interests and that's international president.