what temp is YOUR A/C st at?

DS

Fenderbender
(set at)
We just saw a TV add with David Suzuki.
He was saying that if everyone in Ontario Canada
raised thier home temperature one degree,it would be enough
to generate power for 38,000 homes every year.
That got us talking about what the average would be
when its really hot outside.We have ours set @ 75 degrees.
How cool do you like it?

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Set at 75 degrees......last bill was $185.00. We've had a cooler than normal summer (thank goodness) and the bill is usually around $250 this time of year.

ups79

(set at)
We just saw a TV add with David Suzuki.
He was saying that if everyone in Ontario Canada
raised thier home temperature one degree,it would be enough
to generate power for 38,000 homes every year.
That got us talking about what the average would be
when its really hot outside.We have ours set @ 75 degrees.
How cool do you like it?

82 and comfortable

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I checked my electric bill for the past 2 months and was pleasantly surprised that I'm getting off cheap here in Pa. I'm paying in the mid $60.00 range, but there is a cap on the rates that is mandated by the PUC. We do use natural gas for cooking, heat, hot water & clothes drying and that's supposed to be going up 33% later this year. I figure I will be paying a little over $200.00 for electric & gas a month before long.

over9five

Staff member
When you turn the darn a/c on, it's automatically set at 68. If I think of it, I turn it to 72.
Been a weird summer here, it's rained at least briefly almost every day. Like passing showers, but EVERY day.

browndevil

Just paid my PGE bill(Pacific Gas & Electric) $73.74 I am grateful we have had a cooler than normal summer otherwise it would be around $150.00 this time of year

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I keep my A/C at 68. When its 95 degrees and humid outside and I have been busting my butt in a UPS truck for 10 hrs, I want to walk into my house and see my breath fog up. I want to piss thru an inch of ice floating in my toilet. I want it COLD. As far as the electric bill goes...I dont know and I dont care either, my wife handles the bills. When we bought this house we spent $10K on a super-energy efficient system. And I heat during the winter with wood that I cut, split and stack myself, so we save so much $$ on our gas bill that I dont feel guilty at all about the extra electric we use to stay cool in the summer.