What the HD driver in my hood looks like

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ummm. You do know that most people can't tell the difference between Ground and Express don't you?
Well if that's the case then Ground has not surprisingly tarnished the whole image. Thanks for making us ALL look bad.

P

prodriver

New member here interesting forum! $450 a week that's a fact? No one makes close to that at my terminal. Last week seen express driver pull in nose first then back onto roadway no horn no flashers straight gunnin.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well if that's the case then Ground has not surprisingly tarnished the whole image. Thanks for making us ALL look bad.

Great point. Ground/HD makes us all look bad, and since customers cannot tell the difference, I think it's wonderful when some idiot like our subject driver does it all wrong. And it goes beyond just the unprofessional conduct behind the wheel. My guess is that this person is Just as haphazard and amateurish in terms of customer service.

I guess the best thing to do would be to call 1-800-GoFedEx and tell Mahmoud all about it.

dezguy

Great point. Ground/HD makes us all look bad, and since customers cannot tell the difference, I think it's wonderful when some idiot like our subject driver does it all wrong. And it goes beyond just the unprofessional conduct behind the wheel. My guess is that this person is Just as haphazard and amateurish in terms of customer service.

I guess the best thing to do would be to call 1-800-GoFedEx and tell Mahmoud all about it.

With the new uniforms, it is impossible for a customer to differentiate Express from Ground or HD. The only way to tell who is who, is to look at the truck and even then, we're still all just FedEx to most customers regardless of which coloured EX is in the driveway.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With the new uniforms, it is impossible for a customer to differentiate Express from Ground or HD. The only way to tell who is who, is to look at the truck and even then, we're still all just FedEx to most customers regardless of which coloured EX is in the driveway.

The "green" FedEx driver is the one that just ran your cat over and is now humping your dog.

Nick9075

New member here interesting forum! $450 a week that's a fact? No one makes close to that at my terminal. Last week seen express driver pull in nose first then back onto roadway no horn no flashers straight gunnin.

$450 a week.?? Helpers here get $500-550 to start, drivers minimum of 700 a week. In the NYC area these are still poverty level wages even for a single person but the gov't provides the eitc, Medicaid and other benefits. Still no one looks like they are on the brink of starvation and most of the workers have their own car which is something like a newer Acura.

Sent using BrownCafe App

P

prodriver

[quotereferring9075, post: 1272380, member: 38606"]$450 a week.?? Helpers here get $500-550 to start, drivers minimum of 700 a week. In the NYC area these are still poverty level wages even for a single person but the gov't provides the eitc, Medicaid and other benefits. Still no one looks like they are on the brink of starvation and most of the workers have their own car which is something like a newer Acura.

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote]
I was referring to the "fact" that imwaitigfortheday posted that the driver made $450 a week,drivers here in the dirty south make 650-750 a week.

MAKAVELI

[quotereferring9075, post: 1272380, member: 38606"]$450 a week.?? Helpers here get $500-550 to start, drivers minimum of 700 a week. In the NYC area these are still poverty level wages even for a single person but the gov't provides the eitc, Medicaid and other benefits. Still no one looks like they are on the brink of starvation and most of the workers have their own car which is something like a newer Acura.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was referring to the "fact" that imwaitigfortheday posted that the driver made $450 a week,drivers here in the dirty south make 650-750 a week.[/quote]
Why not pay by the hour? I think we all know why.

P

prodriver

Some contractors at my terminal do pay by hour, some by stop and of course most by day.

bbsam

Staff member
$450 a week.?? Helpers here get $500-550 to start, drivers minimum of 700 a week. In the NYC area these are still poverty level wages even for a single person but the gov't provides the eitc, Medicaid and other benefits. Still no one looks like they are on the brink of starvation and most of the workers have their own car which is something like a newer Acura.

Sent using BrownCafe App
so you are still contracting?

DontThrowPackages

I wonder why the OP didn't want to say Puerto Rican Flag but rather "Patriotic ".. Sure the word fits but it led me to think of a confederate flag or something LOL. Its only a PR flag lol