what the heck!!!!!

panda4

I am signed on the extra work list. Preload was minus employees, I was not called this particular morning. I filed a grievance for not being called in. I recieved a letter from union stating there would be no pay that UPS would abide from now on. A lady was on vacation for 2 weeks back to back. I have been covering for her for 12 yrs. The first week they shorted me 5 hrs. the second week they gave me the 5 but shorted me 2 1/2 hrs. I asked the sup to check it he did and agreed. Told me that he would take care of it. It is not on this check either. Any info would be appreciated.:dissapointed:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re-file the grievance for the extra work list violation stating that you want to be paid for the time the less senior person worked on that day. File a grievance for the shortage in your pay and for penalty pay.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I guess the question is was there employees that they did call in that had less seniority than you and also, if they doubled people into skilled positions like sorting or irregulars/auditing stuff like that. Skill positions (if you're not in an enhanced building) can go to a lower seniority person if they are qualified for the spot and you're not. Either way, if not then yes, file the grievance again and ask for the penalty pay if they don't get it to you in a timely manner. You have bills to pay and Christmas is coming. It's yours by right. Good luck!

menotyou

bella amicizia
In re-filing, CC the grievance to your State Council with a copy of the letter you received from the union with the deal made without your permission. The BA has no right to make a deal on your behalf that you don't agree to. He is your representative, not your boss.

panda4

Yes they actually brought someone in from the night shift. This person did not load a truck, but when I asked why I wasnt called I was told it was because they had needed someone to load. i was not called at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't need the State Council address. Re-file the first grievance and file a second grievance for the shortage. The advice on the State Council is from a member who likes to blow things out of proportion.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You don't need the State Council address. Re-file the first grievance and file a second grievance for the shortage. The advice on the State Council is from a member who likes to blow things out of proportion.
A former BA(dad), the retired teamster steward from the center I work at, and my sister-who worked for a Union for years, were witnesses to how often I would not get a response from my BA. I did write these emails and letters. It did work. After being on comp and out of work for almost 3 years, I can still get ahold of him within an hour.

Considering I am not the one running all over this board spreading totally false innuendo and allegations, I reconsider who is blowing smoke. If you used your real name saying those things, I would have you in court, already.