What three questions would you ask Scott Davis?

texan

Jim Casey took the company public back in the 30's and then took it back private again when the money was flowing in the Great Depression.

I don't know if he would have taken it public in 1999 anymore than anybody else but I suspect he would have if it was the prudent business decision to do so.

I suspect he would not have accumulated the debt that UPS has in the last 15 years.

hmmm I missed that in reportbacks and UPS history. I really have never heard that until now.
"Jim Casey took the company public back in the 30's and then took it back private again when the money
was flowing in the Great Depression."

Thanks for the info Hoax.

pretzel_man

I'd like to see a quote of Jim Casey ever supporting the idea of outside ownership of this company. The only shareowners he ever recognized as being important, are the employees of UPS that buy/earn shares of UPS.

I am not saying that he was speaking about outside shareowners... I don't know.

The quote was that we owe our jobs to the shareowners. Whether internal or external, they are shareowners.

I did NOT say he was an advocate of UPS being public.....

Public or private, shareowners deserve a return.

Jim Casey used to talk about putting money in the "kitty". He was talking about profit.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is just base pay. According to a quick google search, Costco filings indicate Sinegal earned about $12.3 Million in 2011 when you include bonuses and stock options. That is the number you should look at if you are going to compare apples to apples.
Correct and I am going to assume, it is still far and away less compensation than Scott Davis.

DS

Fenderbender
Have you ever dressed up like a pirate?
Have you ever done acid and ran down the train tracks real fast?
Do you eat popcorn one at a time?