What time do YOU leave the building?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gman042, Sep 13, 2012.

1. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

10:30 Sort down.....beat that
  2. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

938 today.
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Me too, P.M.
  4. upschick95

upschick95 Member

8:50 p.m. I don't fell so bad now
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Is this AM or PM, I'm confused? Sad that's the case though.
  6. ryan74701

ryan74701 New Member

usually 10:00-10:30 am, and we sort and load our own trucks in the morning.
  7. laffter

laffter Active Member

How the hell do you guys leave so late? The latest one of my drivers ever leaves is 9am (if it's a heavy day and bulking out takes a while). Most of the drivers are already gone by 8:45. There are only a handful that ever linger around past 9.
  8. upschick95

upschick95 Member

Well if its what time I leave the building in the morning, then that would be around 9:15 a.m. They moved everyones start times back, mine got moved to 9:05 a.m. because of me being on the 9.5 list :wink2:
  9. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

We had a few rough days last week. We're 845 starters and left 935-945; usually we're out 900-910
  10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah we don't start until 8:55 I'm almost always out by 9:10. I really think these late start times need to be addresses in the new contract. Come peak it's just not safe to have guys out past 10pm.
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Stepping over a quarter to pick up a penny comes to mind. Starting preloaders late means we start late, they still haven't figured it out yet.
  12. old brown shoe

old brown shoe 30 year driver

We start at nine and get on the belt and finish the preload and wrap up the trucks. The time spent on the belt goes on our on road and can take 15-45 min. The work we do in the building goes towards the preload so their numbers look great and the drivers go out the door in the hole.
  13. cino321

cino321 Active Member

930-940 almost everyday except Monday. I start at 8:40. What a joke.
  14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Started at 8:20 when we still served the customer. Start at 8:55 now that we serve IE. Surprisingly I still have 26 miles to my route and air commit is still 10:30.
  15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Dont worry, FedEx will have those packages to your customers before you even leave the building....
  16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Fedex ground has an entire industrial park delivered in my area while we sit in a PCM looking at pictures of a major accident involving a tree branch and a marker light.
  17. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

then I guess you have a few late air pkgs...just wondering
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The commit time is not 1030 nationwide--it is based on zip code. My center only has a few zips with a 1030 commit and a few more with a noon commit.

Our start time has been moved back to 0930 (0900 on Mondays) and we usually leave right on time.
  19. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

I know in my district start time is dictated by feeder pull times and air. In my building the bulk of our packages come out of the meadowlands hub. There is always a late load that gets to us at 7:30. Start time is 8:45
  20. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

Ups will never bend on operations imo. I think it is what it is