What time do YOU leave the building?

Packmule

Which is why I proposed that the new contract include language that states drivers are no longer liable for guaranteed 1030 delivery of NDA if we do not leave the building by 845. We would have to do NDA first, but if you run out of time.... oh well.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'd get out sooner if the air drivers didn't park me in in the morning. Then I have to wait for the P1000 to my left to move so I can get my P1300 out

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I need to tell someone,to cover my a** and I tell some harried, sup, who is trying to keep his job. he tells me to give him one, ya that will help. The time it would take me to find it I can deliver it late.
The only thing I can share to younger drivers, is save your money, dont go in debt, and get the heck out. And do not whatever you do, get sick and have medical debt, on your spouse or yourself.

gotbrown

was a 845 start recently moved to 850 start they say because of late feeders, i'm usually one of the last to leave have to wait for three trucks to leave to hook up to my trailer they recently moved behind a dam pole, so i leave the building on average 915--925 on bad days, 5-8 min waiting on 4 lanes of traffic clear enough to cross to get on hywy then a 20min hall to area.. late air ?what late air? have to bust it out quick with the trailer on then go do my bulk delivery.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ha ha. Yes, it's a big damn package car. Probably the worst part of it is the long walk from the bulkhead to the backdoor.

1.5 years ago I was in a P7 with the slider back doors. Then I got bumped off my route and took this route with the P13 on it. Last Thursday my boss called me and asked if I would do a favor for him and run my old route. When I got back in that P7 I felt like the walls were closing in on me. I never realized how small it really was. LOL.

CAFAL

We have an 8:50 Start Time and I usually leave the building at 9:00AM. My Hub is about two miles South of the Atlanta Airport and the Air hits the belts about 6:15AM. Fedex is making deliveries at 7:45 and Fedex Home Delivery is delivering at 7:30 where I work. All of this makes no sense to me, we should be on the road sooner. I do not like being Second Best, there is no reason for it.

I may be wrong but I always thought their lack of volume was why they can wrap and hit the road so early. Any thoughts?

STFXG

I believe out sorts run earlier... 200-630ish at my building. Some times start earlier based on volume. Guys are usually there by 630 going through their trucks.

brownedout

I need to tell someone,to cover my a** and I tell some harried, sup, who is trying to keep his job. he tells me to give him one, ya that will help. The time it would take me to find it I can deliver it late.
The only thing I can share to younger drivers, is save your money, dont go in debt, and get the heck out. And do not whatever you do, get sick and have medical debt, on your spouse or yourself.

Unfortunately this is usually not in our control toons.

CAFAL

I WOULD KILL FOR AN 8AM START!!!! What these dingbats don't realize is the best way to cut routes and add extra stops to cars is by starting us earlier. I am an 850am start. If they started me at 745am, they would have to add 30 to 40 more stops to my truck. Why that many stops you ask for only 1 hour earlier start time? Answer is simple. I would be able to do air and ground together without breaking trace and thus cutting down on my miles... etc etc etc But since management and IE are clueless, I won't have to worry about them making such a sensible decision. LOL

If we started that early there wouldn't be enough work to gain stops. Realistically we would have to cut feeder drivers lunches to get trailers and volume sooner. Not that ups wants to just dictate start time. Fedx is out earlier yes,but with less volume. This is also why they can move to some zips quicker. Less volume

code5

I start at 8, leave building about 805 and I'm punched out at 5 everyday. How do i do it? I quit UPS a month ago to go work for a propane company. I worked for UPS for 18 years and bled brown for about 15 of them. I now make the same as I did with UPS (excluding OT that I didn't want anyways), a better benefits package and a total hands off approach with management. I do about 40 stops a day with less stress - loving it. To each their own I guess.

I left on good terms however, still have many freinds in Brown - good luck to all of them. Nobody works harder.