What time is your preload hub start time?

thebrownbox

This week for 12/17 it's 11:30pm/2am/2am/1:30Am/2am

Sunday we had to come in at 11:30pm and worked until 7:30am.. what sucked is we only got one 15 min break when I think should of had two.

Homoudont

This week for 12/17 it's 11:30pm/2am/2am/1:30Am/2am

Sunday we had to come in at 11:30pm and worked until 7:30am.. what sucked is we only got one 15 min break when I think should of had two.

Break.. Ha we worked from 1am to 8am every monday during peak with no breaks. And I wouldn't want a break if I wasn't paid for it. The only breaks I get is when I am running to the bathroom to relieve myself. Our preload worked 6.5 to 7.5 hours everyday during peak without breaks

Phil800101

No breaks? Did someone file a grievance? Unless I am mistaken, they have to give you a paid break. If they didn't give you guys a break, which you are supposed to be paid for, then not only are they violating the contract, they are flat out breaking the law...I think. Homoudont, someone at your hub/center should really look into this, and some grievances should probably be filed, you can't let them get away with that kind of bs.

Homoudont

No breaks? Did someone file a grievance? Unless I am mistaken, they have to give you a paid break. If they didn't give you guys a break, which you are supposed to be paid for, then not only are they violating the contract, they are flat out breaking the law...I think. Homoudont, someone at your hub/center should really look into this, and some grievances should probably be filed, you can't let them get away with that kind of bs.

I think different states have different laws. I started UPS in 1992 in Phila PA was promoted to part time sup in 93 or 94 and worked till 97. We've never had breaks.. unless it was in between shifts. This year I started back as an hourly in the Central PA district and again no breaks. I personally don't need or want a break, and no one ever complains on my preload about breaks. We did run out of volume most days so we got a 15 minute break from packages coming down the belt, but I always spent that time rearranging my drivers loads and double checking my stop counts. Most of the preloaders would just gather at the bottom of the belt to BS.

I do know in our new contract there is a provision for "optional" 1/2 hour breaks for part timers. I don't know all the details but I know I am not clocking out for 1/2 hour during my shift.

Phil800101

I think different states have different laws. I started UPS in 1992 in Phila PA was promoted to part time sup in 93 or 94 and worked till 97. We've never had breaks.. unless it was in between shifts. This year I started back as an hourly in the Central PA district and again no breaks. I personally don't need or want a break, and no one ever complains on my preload about breaks. We did run out of volume most days so we got a 15 minute break from packages coming down the belt, but I always spent that time rearranging my drivers loads and double checking my stop counts. Most of the preloaders would just gather at the bottom of the belt to BS.

I do know in our new contract there is a provision for "optional" 1/2 hour breaks for part timers. I don't know all the details but I know I am not clocking out for 1/2 hour during my shift.

Yeah, that would make sense. In Illinois you get a paid break for so many hours worked...and I believe it's one paid break for every four hours worked. I agree though, if it wasn't paid I probably wouldn't want it. However, I don't mind getting paid to sit down for 10-15 minutes...

LKLND3380

States have different laws BUT the Union Contract with UPS may outline when breaks are to be taken and for how long... FLORIDA state laws says nothing about breaks BUT the UPS SOUTHERN REGION Supplemental to the National Master Agreement says:

ARTICLE 49 - PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
SECTION 3 - PART-TIME RELIEF PERIODS

Part-time employees will be guaranteed ten (10) minutes relief period each work shift. The relief period may not start before the end of the first (1st) hour and must be completed by the end of the third (3rd) hour.