What to deduct from taxes this year?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Someone started a blog on this issue andI cant remember if we talked about this last year, so I started a new thread for others to add to and some to learn from.

Use turbo tax. It will guide you through everything. Shoes, boots, union dues, parts of your cell phone bill if you use it alot at work. Interest on your home mortgage. There is alot of stuff deductible if you itemize, and some things if you dont. Charity donations, like United way.

9 dollars aweek on cleaning your uniforms united way /drive if you have stock / 2 pair of boots a year/ 100 cell phone /ups socks 30 a year.

Any supplies you use for your job, pens etc. Tolls used getting to and from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
$9 a week? It`s $10 because it makes the math easier. $15 if your wife has a college degree and is the one doing the laundry.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You saw that Oprah special too? My wife said Oprah said if she got paid to de everything she does its a $300,000 a year job. I told her to go apply for Oprah.

705red

Browncafe Steward
drive if you have stock

Red, what is this?[/QUOTEI copied and pasted that from teh blog, that would be rockets mans entry, so your guess would be as good as mine. Maybe something to do with donating to DRIVE which is a political money raiser for the Teamsters? And Stock?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Talk to rocket man, I did the best I could at explaining what I thought he meant. So much so, I have a head ache now! lol

I dont think drive is deductable. But stock losses, fees, margin interest, subscriptions, etc. can be used to offset gains.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
$9 a week? It`s $10 because it makes the math easier. $15 if your wife has a college degree and is the one doing the laundry.
So since Im one of those women who should make 300,000 a yr, because I do everything, including my own laundry, with a college degree, and 30$ an hour at UPS I would say my 1 hr of laundry per week should be deducted at 64.24, sound right? Ill let you know what the IRS thinks, :wink2: