What to do about a sort gone completely rogue?

Indecisi0n

cat-shock.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If your Local BA and Pres aren't cutting it for you ,,go vvar their heads with a letter and a phone call to Hoffa's office and take record of who you spoke to and when !! Good luck

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I personally like Cove's idea but try this one -

Become a steward, learn the contract in and out and be the thorn in UPS's and your BA's side
You can not be fired for bringing up grievances and issues as a steward. As long as you follow proper methods as an employee, you can go over an incompetent BA's head with valor and a whole lot of paperwork.

YOU are the union

or better said

Can't spell Union without U (you)

anonymous4

I personally like Cove's idea but try this one -

Become a steward, learn the contract in and out and be the thorn in UPS's and your BA's side
You can not be fired for bringing up grievances and issues as a steward. As long as you follow proper methods as an employee, you can go over an incompetent BA's head with valor and a whole lot of paperwork.

YOU are the union

or better said

Can't spell Union without U (you)

I have no desire to become a steward. This should not mean the system I pay into remain broken. My grievances do not go through. As stated, 2/5 days supervisors are "officially working", the others UPS wiggles out of every grievance. It is not a good situation here.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I have no desire to become a steward. This should not mean the system I pay into remain broken. My grievances do not go through. As stated, 2/5 days supervisors are "officially working", the others UPS wiggles out of every grievance. It is not a good situation here.

Then get back in line, there is nothing to see here

If you're not part of the solution, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

anonymous4

Then get back in line, there is nothing to see here

If you're not part of the solution, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

This is not logical. You are essentially saying I, as a regular member, in spite of paying dues, am part of the problem because I hold no desire to be a union steward. I want to work, I want the contract enforced and I want what I have earned through seniority. I work, I file grievances based on contract violations and I hold high (relative) seniority. I am most certainly not part of the problem.

What you have just said makes zero sense.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sorry to hear that
I'm in a heavily unionized building
The only fights here are who's going to get paid for the grievances

The union only works if everyone is on board, if you have a building full of sheep you are in a bad position. If you had the internet balls to start a thread with no anonymity, I assumed you had them to become part of the solution. Keep looking up in the skies....Superman ain't coming to save your local.

anonymous4

Sorry to hear that
I'm in a heavily unionized building
The only fights here are who's going to get paid for the grievances

The union only works if everyone is on board, if you have a building full of sheep you are in a bad position. If you had the internet balls to start a thread with no anonymity, I assumed you had them to become part of the solution. Keep looking up in the skies....Superman ain't coming to save your local.

I am aware. UPS targets those who do not want to work and offers incentives to go with the flow. The rest are young kids on their first job who are just happy to have "help". There is no changing this and I am sure it is wide-spread on certain shifts. I do understand where you are going with your reply but I am not in a position to hold stewardship to the way I would see fit at this time. I do not believe that means my seniority should be worthless.

I refuse to watch someone with a month in pick-off while I am told the problem is being "worked on" just to have nothing come of my grievances. I have no problem going over this local to apply pressure or contacting OSHA about safety issues until I am in a better position to do justice in stewardship.

snookbunny420

even though we pay dues to an organization to do the job,most of these bozos feel that you should do it yourself. when the union starts showing support to the members, maybe the members will start showing support to the union

snookbunny420

The members are the union.
no the union is a bunch of hacks that get paid to represent us but only collect our dues so they can drive nice cars, go to UNITY CONFERENCE on our dime et al. most of these hacks have never held a blue collar job at all. prime example is "our great leader" piggy hoffa

anonymous4

Put up or shut up.

Again, this is a worthless mentality. The contract is not just for the thousand stewards across the country. If I said I don't file, people would be telling me to file as a solution. I am filing, and that isn't working, so now I need to revolutionize our hub to get an extra hour of work and a pick-off that per the contract, should be mine without struggle. When that doesn't work, I will be told I must run for union office, fast-forward 5 years and I will be in a head-to-head showdown with Hoffa Jr. when all I wanted was my pick-off.