What to do when all management is busy with the phones and DOT hours is almost up

The Man

My question is what would you do and how is it supposed to be handled if i start at 9AM and its almost 11PM which is the real curfew we have, and you still have a bunch of deliveries left. Do you just head in if you try to reach management and there is no answer or do you keep delivering till you finish?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
My question is what would you do and how is it supposed to be handled if i start at 9AM and its almost 11PM which is the real curfew we have, and you still have a bunch of deliveries left. Do you just head in if you try to reach management and there is no answer or do you keep delivering till you finish?
If you rang my bell at 11 o'clock I'd put a bullet in your head...go back to the building and sheet it missed.

Send a message?

DougHeffernan

You head back in early enough that you can sheet all packages as missed and be off under dot violation. I would document time and number of times you tried contacting your supervisor.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A real curfew at 11:00 PM? There ain't no reason in the world to be out driving a package car that late. And no reason to pay a hefty DOT fine for going over 60 hours.

StoptheAct1212

First off you know if your running out of time... 1st thing in the morning you know how many hours you can work. Not to go over.. its your fault if you go over or even close... i would fire you if you go over... and im not even managment.... and for any reason your about to go over... stop the truck on the side of the road. Stop driving. Someone can come pick you up...
If u cant contact your management.. your a fool

DougHeffernan

That's because all the OMS's are home along with that last sup that was supposed to wait for the last driver to be in...
Doesn't your center have a time that you need to send your stats in by? You send in your stats or call oms with stops left and eta. Done! And then you deliver until you have to head back in so to punch out under 13 hours

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Simple. Send message you will be out of hours. You are fatigued and are headed in with how many missed. The rest is on them. You can 't control what dispatch gives you. Too much work is too much work.