What to do when all management is busy with the phones and DOT hours is almost up

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Man, Aug 14, 2016.

1. The Man

The Man Member

My question is what would you do and how is it supposed to be handled if i start at 9AM and its almost 11PM which is the real curfew we have, and you still have a bunch of deliveries left. Do you just head in if you try to reach management and there is no answer or do you keep delivering till you finish?
  2. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

If you rang my bell at 11 o'clock I'd put a bullet in your head...go back to the building and sheet it missed.
    • Like x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Send a message?
  4. The Man

The Man Member

even if you send a message no one still communicates with you.
  5. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I would think you'd know earlier that you will be out that late and make arrangements then.
  6. DougHeffernan

DougHeffernan Member

You head back in early enough that you can sheet all packages as missed and be off under dot violation. I would document time and number of times you tried contacting your supervisor.
  7. You are to be off the road before your hours expire. That's their problem.
  8. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

Sheet packages missed. Then head in. Communicate early as possible.
  9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

A real curfew at 11:00 PM? There ain't no reason in the world to be out driving a package car that late. And no reason to pay a hefty DOT fine for going over 60 hours.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

That's because all the OMS's are home along with that last sup that was supposed to wait for the last driver to be in...
  11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

CYA with messages including that you may not finish.
  12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Dot hours are your responsibility. You are to return to the building and be off the clock in 14 hrs.
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Actually, you can no longer drive after 14 hours. You can still be on property and on the clock, just no driving.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Unless you're going to teleport back to the center you need to be back by 14.
  15. And you still need your 10 hour reset
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. StoptheAct1212

StoptheAct1212 Active Member

First off you know if your running out of time... 1st thing in the morning you know how many hours you can work. Not to go over.. its your fault if you go over or even close... i would fire you if you go over... and im not even managment.... and for any reason your about to go over... stop the truck on the side of the road. Stop driving. Someone can come pick you up...
    If u cant contact your management.. your a fool
  17. DougHeffernan

DougHeffernan Member

Doesn't your center have a time that you need to send your stats in by? You send in your stats or call oms with stops left and eta. Done! And then you deliver until you have to head back in so to punch out under 13 hours
  18. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Simple. Send message you will be out of hours. You are fatigued and are headed in with how many missed. The rest is on them. You can 't control what dispatch gives you. Too much work is too much work.
  19. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

You need to stop driving at 14 hours. Pull the truck over and wait for someone to transport you back to the center while still on the clock.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. upschris24

upschris24 New Member

whos the one that gets in trouble if you go over your hours? The company or you?