What to do when all management is busy with the phones and DOT hours is almost up

El Correcto

god is dead
I w

I worked till 11pm today no later because i will most likely get a fine
You tell them you won't finish ahead of time. Don't be superman and just do your best. Start sending messages around 3pm and every hour after that if you are doubting finishing without service failures. Take pictures of your messages you're also welcome to text with your phone, I don't. If they don't respond scan the remainder missed then head in with enough time to make it back, I'll usually leave 10 minutes earlier then I think I need for a grace period and to do my pm routine. If they instruct you to get it delivered do it but the minute your about to run out of dot hours you pull that car over and tell them it's time to come pick you up. Don't start that package car for any reason so make sure you can park it some where safe. Make sure you document the messages while you wait.

ManInBrown

They wouldn't allow that here, they'd send help out in the form of multiple drivers to get you in. Latest anyone works here is 8pm this time of year and that's rare, like if they had a brake down or the diad went down. What's going on in your center??
They send multiple drivers to take work and no one works past 8? LOL. The earliest I punched out last week was 8:17 and they haven't allowed drivers to take work here since Orion started.

You work in the BOG also?

The Man

They send multiple drivers to take work and no one works past 8? LOL. The earliest I punched out last week was 8:17 and they haven't allowed drivers to take work here since Orion started.

You work in the BOG also?
The earliest I usually punch out is 9:00pm I'm a cover driver for now

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You really are ignorant to anything outside of your bubble aren't you?

I have a buddy that has had to be off before 7 virtually every Friday this summer because of DOT hours.

We have a guy that has to be off by 4pm today because he's close.

I can count about 20 or so drivers that hit 55 or so a week.

Not in the BOG. Daves too busy.

Last edited by a moderator: