What to do with this guy?

P

Pablo

of course he's a teamster, he's a member of the union, but he doesn't act like it, he was working fast when we were all working slow for a good reason....that's why i call him a scab.

should i tell him that he should try a non-union job?

705red

Browncafe Steward
of course he's a teamster, he's a member of the union, but he doesn't act like it, he was working fast when we were all working slow for a good reason....that's why i call him a scab.

Pablo you sound like a young kid, in life there will be people who just like to be left alone. You cant hold his fast work against him for an illegal slow down that would have got everyone of you fired. Ask yourself who are you to think its your job to tell him to go and find a non union job? Leave it alone let him do his thing and maybe one day you two can share an ice cream together, we will look forward to that thread, until then worry about yourself in life!

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Dude, let the guy work and go home, he's there to make money NOT friends!!
Nothing wrong with that!!!:cool::cool:

The are better ways to solve your issues with the center mgr. Like grievences, should I say legit grievences?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have you seen what the Teamsters are allowing UPS to get away with? I bitch about the Teamsters every day. Almost as much as UPS.

BLACKBALLED

He is what all companies hope for in an employee, someone who clocks in does his job and goes home, doesnt complain minds his own and works at a fast steady pace! You sound like the employee all companies dread, work slow intentionally because you were mad at your sup. like some kid whose parent didnt buy him a toy at the store and threw a tantrem, you really should know what to post because this one is a joke! I commend your co-worker for doing what he was hired to do and that is his job!

menotyou

bella amicizia
The madder I get at my sups, the faster I work. I don't like it, but I would never intentionally slow down. It's the customer who suffers.

247spies

Work stoppage , slowdown grounds for termination guys. your normal pace can be argued when you slow down so while union does not recognize production it's hard to not recognize you've slowed down greatly in the unload in mass. Frankly the guy who is ignoring you is the one with the smarts.

hembone

Work stoppage , slowdown grounds for termination guys. your normal pace can be argued when you slow down so while union does not recognize production it's hard to not recognize you've slowed down greatly in the unload in mass. Frankly the guy who is ignoring you is the one with the smarts.
When I was a steward I had a driver (personal friend) tell the manager that if they didn't put him in a different package car that he was going to slow down ( he did have a point being he was in a spare while there were better cars sitting on the yard not being used). To the managers credit he told me to talk to the guy and tell him he could be teriminated on the spot for a work stoppage.

mamirk69

A slow down is not grounds for any termination. A fair days work for a fair days pay is how it works. A work stoppage is just that absolutely no work at all. Now one package an hour is ground for termination but say you go from unloading 1200 pieces an hour to 800 pieces an hour you are still performing your job. It would be a labor charge to fire a person simply because they did not work as fast as they did on another day especially in the load and unload. I have been there and have done that and I am speaking on experience.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First of all..drivers cannot create a work stoppage. The language only applies to the local who would call a "work stoppage". There is nothing to "read into" the contract that supports this claim that if a driver slows down it could be considered a "work stoppage".

That is plain nonsense. To many people overthink the contract.

The language is clear cut, and its the local(s) who cannot force a work stoppage against the company.

Cant anyone keep this job simple?

Peace.

Trawr

Sounds like a smart guy to me. As long as he shows up to work on time and does his job and works hard I wouldn't worry about it. I would like this guy to transfer to my hub. Feel lucky to have such a hard worker. I'm a picker on my belt and just two days ago when the belt started, all we had was me and the other picker. It was like that for 15 min until a couple guys finally showed up. The bad part was they are the two worse loaders on our belt but at least they showed up.

I can see how him not being social can make it a long day, but they don't pay us to talk they pay us to get the boxes to their where they need to go as fast as we can get them there, with out tearing the up. I do hope that he come around and I'm sure he will eventually but give him his space.