what to do

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You get hit. Your fault. You improperly sheet it. Your fault. You get stuck trying to turn a 1200 around in the driveway. Your fault. It takes 2 hours to deliver 8 stops. You are milking it. Isn't it nice how the mgmnt is off the hook for their dumb decision to stick you with this work. There is a part of this workforce that the technology is dumbing down and it doesn't pay union dues.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Not if he is sitting on the side of the road while sheeting it.

Park as far off the road as possible, put the 4 ways on, fold in the drivers side mirrors and walk off the stop.
Ever driven a P-12?

I have. Once. Its like driving a school bus. If the road in question is narrow with no shoulder, then parking "as far as possible" off of it and walking off a half-mile long driveway is simply not an option. The only solution to the problem is for the OP to grow a pair, sheet the stops as missed, and then KEEP sheeting them as missed until he has shoved so many service failures up his "management" team's ass that they will do anything they have to do to make the pain stop. They have the ability to solve the underlying problem; they simply lack the willingness. Missed stops on the report is the only thing that will give them that willingness.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
Sorry i meant the. Now can u contribute to the real buisness at hand here and its the safety of the public. Its not fair to put lives at risk over a zappos. I have a bad feeling with this rd.
My turn to contribute , ask for a smaller truck or ask to find someone else you can do it

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Am I missing something ?

Can't you back the truck into the driveway so the truck is off the road and leave it there then walk it off ?
UPS gets a package delivered, you are parked safely.

Obviously, I never seen the road so maybe its not an option

PT Car Washer

You cant be "directed" to falsify delivery records or work unsafely.

Force your management to deal with the problem by recording the packages as missed and bringing them back. If they demand that you deliver them then ask them to put it in writing that you wont be responsible for any accidents that occur as a result of following their instructions. If they refuse to do this, then document their refusal and continue sheeting as missed. You have to be stubborn and willing to take the heat but eventually they will be forced to deal with the problem instead of using you to keep sweeping it under the rug.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I have to agree with S UPS on this. If the situation is as dangerous as you describe ( and I believe you on this) do not put innocent peoples lives in danger for a pair of socks. If something bad happens, your management team will throw you under the bus for not parking in a safe place. And you will be held legally responsible.

Am I missing something ?

Can't you back the truck into the driveway so the truck is off the road and leave it there then walk it off ?

Am I missing something ?

Road is way to busy to even attempt a backing. I always got some broad tailgating anyway that wont even give a chance to attempt it. Love when he rides my ass the whole way even when my flashers get put on. Then the idiot is stuck behind me with a parade of cars behind her. See u 15 minutes when im done with my nature hike

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Road is way to busy to even attempt a backing. I always got some broad tailgating anyway that wont even give a chance to attempt it. Love when he rides my ass the whole way even when my flashers get put on. Then the idiot is stuck behind me with a parade of cars behind her. See u 15 minutes when im done with my nature hike
Yeah that happened today three times. I was even driving one of the trucks with the strobe lights in the back and the dummies still tailgated me so closely that when I slowly came to a stop with the flashers on, they had to put it in reverse to go around me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Am I missing something ?

I have driveways on my route that are in the middle of a blind turn. To back into them you would have to swing into the oncoming lane and risk getting hit head on. There is no shoulder to park on, so I have no choice but to drive up them to the house and then get turned around by any means necessary. If that means breaking mirrors on tree limbs, knocking over piles of firewood or backing up onto their lawn or thru their shrubbery in order to turn around then so be it. I have to get off the road, period. I have several such stops on my route where I can barely-and I mean barely-get in and out in a conventional P700, if I tried it in a P12 or a P10 or even a long skinny single axle P7 I would be screwed. It sounds like the OP is dealing with the same type of situation; the company has made a business decision to intentionally set him up to fail and they are intentionally giving him equipment that is unsafe and unsuitable for the route so that they can cut out a route and look good on a report.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah that happened today three times. I was even driving one of the trucks with the strobe lights in the back and the dummies still tailgated me so closely that when I slowly came to a stop with the flashers on, they had to put it in reverse to go around me.

Part of my route is on a 4 lane (2 lanes each way) street. I will put the 4 ways on at least 1/2 block before I get to my stop to give the cars behind me a chance to go around yet one car will stop right behind the pkg car and others will line up single file one after the other while the other lane is clear.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Never underestimate the stupidity of other drivers. I love it when you give every indication possible that you are stopping and they still creep up on your bumper and when they pass they tell you are number one with the wrong finger.

Z

ZQXC

Never underestimate the stupidity of other drivers. I love it when you give every indication possible that you are stopping and they still creep up on your bumper and when they pass they tell you are number one with the wrong finger.

.... and they always rev the engine as they pass, because they have been inconvenienced

After all, they are on a tight schedule.

Ouch

Look, I don't want you take this how it's going to sound but WHAT? Come on upsers around the world deal with situations like this everyday. Turn your hazards on way before the stop. Allow the idiot texting behind you plenty of time to notice you are pulling over. I'm amazed your center manager told you to sheet it ni. Ni means you made an attempt. Ask your on car to ride with you on the day you have these stops. Call your local law enforcement and make them aware of your situation when your delivering these stops. At least around here our cops will actually help us in some instances. These customers don't care about traffic but they will care if they have been waiting for something and see you go by and notice their package has been sheeted ni.

Mack Grant

Even better is when you are stopped on a 4 lane blvd with your flashers on making a delivery, and have a clear line of sight behind the truck of several hundred yards or more. People will STILL drive right up to the bumper of the PC and stop!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Part of my route is on a 4 lane (2 lanes each way) street. I will put the 4 ways on at least 1/2 block before I get to my stop to give the cars behind me a chance to go around yet one car will stop right behind the pkg car and others will line up single file one after the other while the other lane is clear.
Even better is when you are stopped on a 4 lane blvd with your flashers on making a delivery, and have a clear line of sight behind the truck of several hundred yards or more. People will STILL drive right up to the bumper of the PC and stop!