what to do

dinho

1 year old driver. Been working over 9.5 this whole week and last week. Had 175 stops yesterday, clocked off at 730. had 197 today, clocked off at 820. I didn't get any help at all and worst of all, even though I believe I'm doing a good job I get a call from mng saying I can't be over 2 hours anymore, can't be out till 9. Ive been running this route for a while now and somehow I'm over 2 hours every time. what can I do in this situation? They giving me 170 stops and today around 190... I don't care about the over 2 hours, no way that is right. I'm just getting tired of coming home so late and exhausted...thank you in advance

CHALLY9TX

Suck it up. You're low seniority. Most of us worked late hours when we started. Some of us still do. Not trying to be a jerk to you but that's just reality. Just work safe and don't worry about managements made up numbers. You'll get better and smarter. Be glad you're paid by the hour.

Mr.Golden

Are u inputing everything correctly in your board? For example you are at a business stop and have to go on the second floor. Put 2 under floor before u complete stop. Same thing with residential if u walk up more than 6 steps then it's 2 under floor

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are u inputing everything correctly in your board? For example you are at a business stop and have to go on the second floor. Put 2 under floor before u complete stop. Same thing with residential if u walk up more than 6 steps then it's 2 under floor

The OP is 2 hours over and you want him to waste even more time trying to take advantage of negligible time allowances?

Mr.Golden

The OP is 2 hours over and you want him to waste even more time trying to take advantage of negligible time allowances?

How much more time is wasted by scanning the pkg, hit enter, hit 2 then big arrow down. That's the wrong question I asked....it should've been "are u running by Orion?"

dinho

Yes Im putting everything in Correctly. And yes I'm running it by orion. Even though I didn't get called in to work today I went in anyways, checked how much over I was. Was about 70 min over with 18 stops an hour out of 190 I guess they want me doing about 20 an hour. It's ridiculous though I feel like I'm power walking through out the whole day. Even when I stopped to look for misleads and organize my truck I took a 20, even though i know I'm not supposed to.I think they just :censored2:ing with me, when i get called in I'm over 2 hours but the day I just show up I'm on 70 min

dinho

This it what I do I get all my business off and when I get a chance to organize everything or just my next 5 stops I do it. I stop, grab package, scan, drop off and take off to next stop. I just don't see where I'm loosing time, if I I would figure it out I would fix it.

Last edited:

Ecw21411

This it what I do I get all my business of and when I get a chance to organize everything or just my next 5 stops I do it. I stop, grab package, scan, drop off and take off to next stop. I just don't see where I'm loosing time, if I I would figure it out I would fix it.
You aren't losing time they know if they pressure you they can get more out of you ......the main thing is work safe and don't worry about those numbers that are rigged

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1 year old driver. Been working over 9.5 this whole week and last week. Had 175 stops yesterday, clocked off at 730. had 197 today, clocked off at 820. I didn't get any help at all and worst of all, even though I believe I'm doing a good job I get a call from mng saying I can't be over 2 hours anymore, can't be out till 9. Ive been running this route for a while now and somehow I'm over 2 hours every time. what can I do in this situation? They giving me 170 stops and today around 190... I don't care about the over 2 hours, no way that is right. I'm just getting tired of coming home so late and exhausted...thank you in advance

1 year old driver
Damn there starting them early these days

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You came in just to look at the OR to see how you ran? They really are in your head, aren't they? When I was a package driver, I made it a point to never even look at the report even if it was laying out for all to see, and yes, they want you to see it so they can play mind games with you. You are now going to jump thru their hoops, and cut corners trying to make numbers, and either you're going to hurt yourself or tear up some equipment. Do the best that you can, safely, and by the methods. If they ride with you, so be it. I hated when they did that, but then you have some ammo to fire back at them when they question your work ethic. Their numbers are bogus. There will be a time in your life when you wish you had the OT and it won't be there. Make it and sock it away for a rainy day, cause there will be storms, brother. Good luck from someone who has been there.

box_beeyotch

Who gives a flying fkuck!! You're paid by the hour and their isn't anything they can do about it, short of annoy you with their speeches. As far as the long days, suck it up, you'll appreciate it come pay day every week. Best of luck.

Nike

Ha let the haters hate!
Is this your route or are you cover driving?
Honestly...
Take a paid or unpaid day off.
Best time would be on our heaviest days in terms of volume monday/tuesday. Nice lil 4 day weekend and come back refreshed with just a three day work week in front of you!
Plus whoever covers that route will either do worse than you(most likely) or run it faster. In which case you can ask for advice and pointers on how they ran it.
Good luck brother and be safe!

Sent using BrownCafe App

dinho

It's a split route, I'm all over the place. Actually I came in to speak to my union steward and wanted to work.supposedly I can't file 9.5 bacause of 4 year prograssion. when ever someone else does it, they get about 120-130 no one ever has gotten 170 or above On that route. I asked other driver and they though 193 is just crazy. I will do the 193 but for them to tell me to not be out there until 9 or can't be 2 hours over pisses the hell out of me, the whole day I feel good about what I'm doing and for them to tell me that just kills my good vibe And makes me feel like I'm messing up in someway. everyone thank you for the Answers.

dinho

I'm gonna start going to the union meetings. been driving for a year now and I wanna stay and retired here, learning the contract and attending the union meetings is what I need to do.