What to expect from my Orion ride?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We aren't supposed to get Orion until late 2015. By then they will have all the kinks worked out and it will be all sunshine and unicorns.

joeboodog

It will be just grand.
downloadfile-17.jpeg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We aren't supposed to get Orion until late 2015. By then they will have all the kinks worked out and it will be all sunshine and unicorns.
We're scheduled for 2016 and they said we will be one of the very last centers to get it because we're city (metro) and I'll be one of the last ones to get it out of this center because I average 27 miles a day. My last center got it pretty early.

joeboodog

We're scheduled for 2016 and they said we will be one of the very last centers to get it because we're city (metro) and I'll be one of the last ones to get it out of this center because I average 27 miles a day. My last center got it pretty early.

By then it will be a walk in the park. Your load will deliver itself.

Z

ZQXC

27 miles a day? I drive 40 miles before I put off a stop.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
By then it will be a walk in the park. Your load will deliver itself.
Maybe by then it will fail enough elsewhere...wishful thinking. My current center manager is a real aggressive :censored2: though so I already know the confrontations that are coming. I have an ace up my sleeve though...I've already been through it on multiple routes and know how the game works and know the pressure that will be on them...and I've proven I'm not afraid to file another harassment grievance or 9.5 grievance.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
27 miles a day? I drive 40 miles before I put off a stop.
Exactly. I've run routes over 130 miles before. This city crap sucks, but it's low mileage so putting Orion on it is pointless. The only way to reduce mileage on city routes is to eliminate the 1-way streets, but that obviously won't happen...

Z

ZQXC

Exactly. I've run routes over 130 miles before. This city crap sucks, but it's low mileage so putting Orion on it is pointless. The only way to reduce mileage on city routes is to eliminate the 1-way streets, but that obviously won't happen...

Is your first stop 30 seconds from the center? LOL

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Maybe by then it will fail enough elsewhere...wishful thinking. My current center manager is a real aggressive :censored2: though so I already know the confrontations that are coming. I have an ace up my sleeve though...I've already been through it on multiple routes and know how the game works and know the pressure that will be on them...and I've proven I'm not afraid to file another harassment grievance or 9.5 grievance.
Lets keep that thought of it to fail and sneakily and quietly they will change the format and come up with some other way to reduce mileage. If they don't the public with catch wind and the stock holders will see a loss in their dividend checks. Always file that 9.5 grievance, I finally signed the 9.5 list 3 weeks ago (not sure why I waited so long) I know one thing they hate smart drivers , they seem to like the ones that shut up and do their impossible dirty work. You have to admit its always a challenge and never a dull moment along with a problem everyday.

upsbeernut

Is your first stop 30 seconds from the center? LOL
Isn't that ironic some routes it might help some it won't. Scrape this sh and let us do our job without intervention please ,since knowledge overrides all software and clueless computer non - driver geeks.

upsbeernut

Ha ha ha ha lol lmao. We will try and work the kinks out for the Orion team once again but it will go past your 2015 prediction unfortunately . My ride is this Wednesday , really looking forward to some overweight d telling me how to run my 25 year route. I'm so excited just can't hide it.

upsbeernut

Your fortunate.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Your fortunate.
Yes and no. I used to work in an orion center though so I've already been through the initial orion BS once and will have to go through it again...Dealing with the Orion weenie isn't a big deal--hell it's almost fun to get them worked up, but watching the on cars and center manager go through the five stages of orion implementation can be a pain.

1) After the initial "Orion is gonna be great" crap they try to convince themselves and drivers, but when they see the fallout from Orion they are like,"All these drivers planned days went through the roof and their mileage is way over what they weenies say it needs to be. No Way, this can't be happening!" (Denial).
2) Next comes the butt chewing they get on several conference calls while they see their MIP bonus floating away. They threaten drivers and they get really pissed (Anger).
3)Next, they see that the drivers have figured out that they are being given conflicting directives and they can't be disciplined because they are just working as directed so they start begging the drivers to make it work (Bargaining).
4)The on cars and center manager see that begging the drivers didn't work and that Orion has completely screwed everything up for them and they just start moping around, taking random days off (some taking weeks off with no explanation) (Depression).
5) Finally the center passes the orion implementation test and drivers who have experimented with not following Orion see that they aren't being talked to about doing it their way anymore. The orion compliance % for the center drops, but the sups have a lot less guys being paid over and less miles so they realize they just have to live with it and take the lumps for crappy compliance %. (Acceptance).