What to wear for a Fedex sort observation/tour for a Package handler position?

HardWorkingGuy

I have a sort observation this week at Fedex that you're required to do before you can actually apply for the package handler position. What is the best thing to wear?

Should you dress up business casual-nice slacks and button up/polo shirt?

Or should I dress like your ready to walk in their and start working, lifting boxes, in a tshirt and jeans?

CJinx

99% of the people I've seen walked in wearing street clothes. The bar is not set very high(at least in my station) and you'll likely be hired if a) they need you, b) your background check comes back clean and c) you have a pulse and a body temperature somewhere in the 90s. (in order of importance)

One guy actually came to the sort in dress slacks, white shirt, tie and a blazer jacket. I was impressed.

STFXG

It doesn't matter. They're just looking for bodies to fill positions. If you have a heart beat and still want the job after the tour they will hire you.

But business casual would be appropriate if you have any self worth...

jmeti000

You could prolly walk in the door wearing your skivies and a pair of flip flops...as long as you answer the 4 questions with a "yes", your hired (least thats how it was for me).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have a sort observation this week at Fedex that you're required to do before you can actually apply for the package handler position. What is the best thing to wear?

Or should I dress like your ready to walk in their and start working, lifting boxes, in a tshirt and jeans?

If you wear a a tinfoil hat or a rainbow-colored beanie with a propeller on top you'll bypass handler entirely and go straight into management. If you can stick your head up your ass and wear a JC Penney suit, they'll let you run the company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So the only thing keeping you from running the company is a cheap suit?

You are far more qualified than I am since you are able to hold a meeting up there with your like-minded MEM buddies. How do you fit them all in? Actually, I think you would be perfect in an ICEE uniform.

mitchel

16 years a go when i applied I wore docker type pants, and a white shirt. The manager actually told me he hired me because i was the only one who showed up like i really wanted the job...but that was different times also. A nice pair of jeans and a polo type shirt i think would be appropriate if you are just applying..Good luck

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Business casual. Look decent!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Might as well put the black and white, horizontally striped outfit on now and beat everyone else to the punch.

mitchel

Might as well put the black and white, horizontally striped outfit on now and beat everyone else to the punch.

The guy asked a good question, maybe he needs a job. For all i know i just gave him advice to eventually take mine. But it reminds me i need to go out and buy some dockers and a white shirt for just in case

HardWorkingGuy

The guy asked a good question, maybe he needs a job. For all i know i just gave him advice to eventually take mine. But it reminds me i need to go out and buy some dockers and a white shirt for just in case
Yes I need a job lol
I've had many, many interviews at restaurants and retail and no luck.
I had my sort observation and went in and the other guys just wore jeans and shirts, someone had tattered and torn jeans with holes and a wrinkly tshirt that was also very worn, and he had piercings.
I felt over dressed but don't regret putting on nice pants and a polo.

lol the tour. i hope they dont make you go on the tour, tell you a couple things and then send you home. if they do, they just made some low income people burn gas money so they could spend 20 minutes inside a building watching some sweaty men bounce around, and listen to some recruiting blow hard talk about the basic benefits of working there.
I remember the tour i went on, and all i remember was how loud the building was, and that i had no clue what i was getting into. they could have just sent me a powerpoint or something.

And i plan on going for a tour of a UPS facility this week. @#%^@#$^#@$^, i hope they give me an interview while i am there and do something to make my time worth while

prodriguez2

16 years a go when i applied I wore docker type pants, and a white shirt. The manager actually told me he hired me because i was the only one who showed up like i really wanted the job...but that was different times also. A nice pair of jeans and a polo type shirt i think would be appropriate if you are just applying..Good luck
Can u tell me if they drug test you?