What to wear for a Fedex sort observation/tour for a Package handler position?

HardWorkingGuy

lol the tour. i hope they dont make you go on the tour, tell you a couple things and then send you home. if they do, they just made some low income people burn gas money so they could spend 20 minutes inside a building watching some sweaty men bounce around, and listen to some recruiting blow hard talk about the basic benefits of working there.
I remember the tour i went on, and all i remember was how loud the building was, and that i had no clue what i was getting into. they could have just sent me a powerpoint or something.

Yes, thats what they did and I had to come back a few days later to apply.

MemberG

Do FedEx have female package handlers? because all I see is men, n I recently applied an I have a sort observation Friday at 6am

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
first impressions are still very important so clean up and wear clean work type clothes. bosses are always watching and they can decide right then and there if you be hired or you will be watched for possible promotions in the future.

even though people put down fedex and ups all the time you can rise to a top position and make a lot of money. when I first started we had an on road manager that I just knew was going places. he was clean, smart, and professional and he studied on how to work with people.

he's a Center manager now and making lots of money with yearly bonuses.

if you listen to the losers here you will be a loser. if you get hired you will find that most of your co workers will want to keep you down at their level. find someone you can look up to and learn from them.

good luck.

l22

Wear a suit.
I have a sort observation this week at Fedex that you're required to do before you can actually apply for the package handler position. What is the best thing to wear?

Should you dress up business casual-nice slacks and button up/polo shirt?

Or should I dress like your ready to walk in their and start working, lifting boxes, in a tshirt and jeans?

Yozh69

I have a sort observation this week at Fedex that you're required to do before you can actually apply for the package handler position. What is the best thing to wear?

Should you dress up business casual-nice slacks and button up/polo shirt?

Or should I dress like your ready to walk in their and start working, lifting boxes, in a tshirt and jeans?

Dress-up. If they only need 4 of you and there are 5 for the sort you want to stick out in a good way.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
agree w/ OPneeds, my HD location has an unusually high amount of female parcel handlers... maybe because the main and 2nd in command managers are also women

they are hard workers like the rest of the Ground/HD warehouse staff in my building; no slackers here at all! now, if only they load our HD vehicles... i'd have a much shorter day

SmithBarney

I showed up in a UPS uniform... they knew they wouldn't have to train me, and I'd work circles around everyone, and I did... all for 1/2 of what I made at UPS... Damn those family Emergencies and no transfers.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
first impressions are still very important so clean up and wear clean work type clothes. bosses are always watching and they can decide right then and there if you be hired or you will be watched for possible promotions in the future.

even though people put down fedex and ups all the time you can rise to a top position and make a lot of money. when I first started we had an on road manager that I just knew was going places. he was clean, smart, and professional and he studied on how to work with people.

he's a Center manager now and making lots of money with yearly bonuses.

if you listen to the losers here you will be a loser. if you get hired you will find that most of your co workers will want to keep you down at their level. find someone you can look up to and learn from them.

good luck.

I worked at HD today but normally at Ground.
My original loader from 8yrs ago has worked his way up to management, and we discussed what his next foray was going to be when our terminal splits as I returned to that terminal with their scanner today.

He was the best loader I ever had, he has ambition. But he's an anomaly. Only loader I actually tipped each Friday because he was that good. I could walk in, shut the back door and go.

For some people it can be a career, with longtime friends and contacts for the future.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg
A T- shirt is fine. But it has to be this shirt.

TeamLift

It doesn't matter. They're just looking for bodies to fill positions. If you have a heart beat and still want the job after the tour they will hire you.

But business casual would be appropriate if you have any self worth...

I learned something last week about this, my supervisor told me that although all US companies are an equal opportunity employer, FedEx takes this a step further, if there are 5 package handler positions open, the first 5 that come through the door are hired as long as they pass the pee test, I guess that explains all the 400lb beefalo's that move like the walking dead, I said don't they have to be able to do the job ? He said nope, equal chance for all. Result, our hub is full of no talent, no motivational ass clowns.

When I was a ramp jockey, the hiring protocol seemed to be that if you pass the drug test, you get the job. As long as you're wearing *something* you should be alright.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When I was a ramp jockey, the hiring protocol seemed to be that if you pass the drug test, you get the job. As long as you're wearing *something* you should be alright.

An orange prison jumpsuit. Oh, sorry about that. We're not talking about Ground. For Express you should probably wear a straitjacket. You'll go right to the top.