What to wear to PT Package Handler tour/interview FEMALE

scrltrider

Question for the ladies...

Suggestions on what to wear for the tour/interview for pt package handler. Jeans/nice tee and work boots or would you try to dress up a bit more? Suggestions?

I want serious consideration for the position.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I expect lots of funny, off topic responses but one or two serious replies would be appreciated!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Jeans and a nice shirt are sufficient...don't dress up for a tour...it's not necessary. Although we do get a good laugh at the one or two who wear suits.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Question for the ladies...

Suggestions on what to wear for the tour/interview for pt package handler. Jeans/nice tee and work boots or would you try to dress up a bit more? Suggestions?

I want serious consideration for the position.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I expect lots of funny, off topic responses but one or two serious replies would be appreciated!
If you really want to be taken seriously...point out during the interview that you're not afraid of physical labor, getting your hands dirty and sweating...or of lifting heavy boxes.

Z

ZQXC

That will be fine; show up on time. I think the work boots will send the right message.

Don't know if they do this anymore, but years ago they would schedule the prospects to come in at midnight just to see who would show.

Got a laugh out of my loader the other morning. The HR lady was leading a tour of fresh wannabe's through the preload operation.
I mimicked her monotone delivery, and told my loader: "This is where we load the trucks; this is where you will learn to hate your life."

scrltrider

If you really want to be taken seriously...point out during the interview that you're not afraid of physical labor, getting your hands dirty and sweating...or of lifting heavy boxes.

I will definitely do that! That's part of why I'm unclear on what to wear, don't want to look like a girly girl who can't handle the job but I want to be respectful and not look like a slacker.