What to you do when you find cash while dr a package?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Has the supervisor in question denied that this ever happened?

I don't know if he had. The film makes it look like he picked it up and pocketed it. He was planning on turning it but apparently someone already made a corporate complaint before he got back to building. I'm not involved in this case but I do know the company offered him time served as unpaid suspension and he turned it down saying he did nothing wrong and wanted reinstatement with back pay and this taken off his record.

Our BA is very good and says he actually has a solid case. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

FilingBluesFL

Latest one I was driving down a major 6 lane road....

Saw a wallet STUFFED FAT with cash in the middle of the road. I go to to the side of the road as fast as I safely could... along with someone else.

Waiting for the traffic to stop... one of the last cars ran over the wallet, cash just EXPLODED on to the road.

Me and that other person, it was a free for all lol

I ended up with almost $300 in cash, the other person had the wallet and who knows how much they got because there was much more than that.

No chance of finding the owner, the other person grabbed the wallet, a bunch of cash, and took off.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I found a Ziploc baggie with at least an ounce of primo marijuana buds lying in the middle of someone's driveway one time. It looked like he had put it on the roof of his car and then forgotten about it and driven away.

My first thought was to mind my own business and leave it there, but if someone else came along and took it and its owner came home looking for it and found a UPS package sitting on his porch, he might think I stole it.

So...I put it on the dash, drove back up to his house (rural area, long driveway) and set the baggie underneath the package that I had left on the porch. The package was from Cabela's, had his name and phone # on it, so I called him and told him about it. He thanked me, it was his medical marijuana, several hundred dollars worth, and it would have been bad if a kid or a dog had come along and found it.

It was kind of weird smelling marijuana buds in a UPS truck, although with it being legal in Oregon now I am seeing lots of customers who are openly growing it on their porches and the smell is getting to be routine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I found a Ziploc baggie with at least an ounce of primo marijuana buds lying in the middle of someone's driveway one time. It looked like he had put it on the roof of his car and then forgotten about it and driven away.

My first thought was to mind my own business and leave it there, but if someone else came along and took it and its owner came home looking for it and found a UPS package sitting on his porch, he might think I stole it.

So...I put it on the dash, drove back up to his house (rural area, long driveway) and set the baggie underneath the package that I had left on the porch. The package was from Cabela's, had his name and phone # on it, so I called him and told him about it. He thanked me, it was his medical marijuana, several hundred dollars worth, and it would have been bad if a kid or a dog had come along and found it.

It was kind of weird smelling marijuana buds in a UPS truck, although with it being legal in Oregon now I am seeing lots of customers who are openly growing it on their porches and the smell is getting to be routine.

What if it wasn't his?

Johney

Never any cash, but can't count how many times I walked up to a door with keys in it. I would take them out and put them under the package.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If I find it on customer property I don't so much as touch it. Won't even put it under the package. But if I find it on public concrete it's mine. I've found a paper bill in a parking lot; kept it. Found a microSD card from someone's phone on a sidewalk once. I had hoped some chick took a bunch of topless pics with it or something but it was a complete disappointment.

FilingBluesFL

Found a microSD card from someone's phone on a sidewalk once. I had hoped some chick took a bunch of topless pics with it or something but it was a complete disappointment.

You have a damn good eye to find a micro SD card lol

I LOVE finding wayward cell phones on the side of the road while out working.

So far no nekkid women selfies, either :(

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You have a damn good eye to find a micro SD card lol

I LOVE finding wayward cell phones on the side of the road while out working.

So far no nekkid women selfies, either :(
I probably never would have seen it if I wasn't looking down at the DIAD.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
sweeping out trailers have found tons of stuff that has fallen out of damaged boxes. it all goes in the trash. LP told me that if I pocketed it and was caught that I would be terminated.

its just not worth it.

found paper money several times. turned it into dispatch.

Trailers get sweeper out?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I never found more than a buck or two. All the phones I found along the road were already smashed beyond recognition.

But, tools! All over the place and for the most part good ones.

FilingBluesFL

I never found more than a buck or two. All the phones I found along the road were already smashed beyond recognition.

But, tools! All over the place and for the most part good ones.

Got a cordless Ryobi power drill this way, with battery.

Lots of little wrenches, sockets, a claw hammer, vice grips.

The trick to the phones, is hoping they have a memory card slot and memory card. Those USUALLY stay intact even when the phone is pretty destroyed.

BostonBo

I just found a $10 laying in the street the other day. Damn skippy I came to a complete stop, shut off the engine, and scooped it up. I found a fistful of ones and a couple of fives around somebody's bush one time. Just mixed in with the fall's leaves. Anything else stays on the ground.

clean hairy

Never touch $ on a persons property!
I would not put it past Managment to have a Homeowner help them to try and catch a suspected thief.
LP is nearby, sees the Driver pick up the cash on the front porch, pocket the cash, now a world of problems for that Driver!
Never know what kind of slick Shenannigans LP or Managment is up to!