what transportation u take to work?

The problem I have with nuclear energy, is that it produces a waste material that will kill you. I don't want that stuff buried in my back yard, do you?

upsdude

Oops, forgot the picture
383.JPG

FAVREFAN

The problem I have with nuclear energy, is that it produces a waste material that will kill you. I don't want that stuff buried in my back yard, do you?
At least that can be containerized(200 yr welded cannisters) until we figure out a solution to the extreme negativities of burning coal for power. We as a global community have moved past the argumentative stage about global warming and the general consensus is that we need to drastically reduce the amount of energy we get from coal fired plants. Some studies show that over 60% of the co2's we emit into the atmosphere are from coal fired energy plants. Nuclear is the temporary big fix until we can create wind, solar and hydrogen solutions on grand scales for permanent sustainability. Good to see interest on this topic in Brown Cafe. In ten years, this will be the biggest issue in politics and business. Keep thinking.

Ya see, I have a problem with "some studies" saying this or that. Just a few years ago it was emissions from burning petroleum that put that 60% in the so fragile ozone. Before that it was hairspray. The next ten years it will something else. The so called scientific studies don't have the credibility that they need for me to get all worked up over. Some studies have been proven to be false on the facts that if the results didn't prove the scientist right, either the numbers themselves have been changed or the criteria has been. All that kind of makes it hard to put much belief in any of the studies. Just call me skeptic.

FAVREFAN

Ya see, I have a problem with "some studies" saying this or that. Just a few years ago it was emissions from burning petroleum that put that 60% in the so fragile ozone. Before that it was hairspray. The next ten years it will something else. The so called scientific studies don't have the credibility that they need for me to get all worked up over. Some studies have been proven to be false on the facts that if the results didn't prove the scientist right, either the numbers themselves have been changed or the criteria has been. All that kind of makes it hard to put much belief in any of the studies. Just call me skeptic.
The former hole in the ozone layer has absolutely nothing to do with global warming. I'll take thousands of PHD's studies results on the causes of global warming to the bank. But that's just me. I don't want to be left holding the bag down the road saying, Oh Shi_, I guess the professionals were right.

I have always wondered why so many of the drivers in my center drive crappy old cars when we make decent money. I guess they are just for driving to work.

DS

Fenderbender
I have always wondered why so many of the drivers in my center drive crappy old cars when we make decent money. I guess they are just for driving to work.
Francis ,you have to take a lot of things into consideration.First of all,I don't know if you noticed,but in some places its hard to get by on just one salary,even if its a ups driver.If you have a mortgage and the wife dont work,with the prices of everything today,it can be hard.I have an 02 nissan sentra with 98,000 km on it,is that what you'd call a crappy old car?I'm lucky to have a working wife,she buys the food,pays for her own car,I and I cover the rest,and when things get tight I take a lot of flak because I like my beer.

FAVREFAN

Francis ,you have to take a lot of things into consideration.First of all,I don't know if you noticed,but in some places its hard to get by on just one salary,even if its a ups driver.If you have a mortgage and the wife dont work,with the prices of everything today,it can be hard.I have an 02 nissan sentra with 98,000 km on it,is that what you'd call a crappy old car?I'm lucky to have a working wife,she buys the food,pays for her own car,I and I cover the rest,and when things get tight I take a lot of flak because I like my beer.
My girlfriend had a '97 Nissan Altima. 196,000 miles on it when she went and got a 2007 Honda Civic. She gave the car to her dad to drive to work. It will hit 200,000 this week. Never a major mechanical issue whatsoever. Original trans, and engine. What a great car it was for her.