What type of Gloves does everyone use

Raw

Raw Member
I can`t help on this one. Here we don`t need gloves, or boots, or long underwear, or hats, or earmuffs, or a scarf, or chains for the tires. Just shorts and a good pair of sunglasses. Now about the sunglasses, I prefer a Maui Jim ! Sure they are $250.00 but are well worth it and they last years! :thumbup1:

browned out

Almost everyone in my building uses the knit, ambidextrous gloves with the PVC dots for grip. We have the national importer for cheap gloves made in China in our area, so we get them a dozen at a time for $5. I can usually get about 6 mos. out of a pair.

Yeah the ones with the PVC dots are the best. I have used the UPS ones but prefer ones that I buy at the FORD MOTOR saftey store. 54 cents a pair. Nice blue dots and a cool Blue Ford Oval Logo. Very well fitted and never a problem using DIAD, handling packages, driving, using keys, nothing, no problems:thumbup1:

I can`t help on this one. Here we don`t need gloves, or boots, or long underwear, or hats, or earmuffs, or a scarf, or chains for the tires. Just shorts and a good pair of sunglasses. Now about the sunglasses, I prefer a Maui Jim ! Sure they are $250.00 but are well worth it and they last years! :thumbup1:
Here`s a number for you smart guy. 1-800-melanoma :laugh:

SmithBarney

Cheapest glasses I can find... I when in the back of the car, I hit my head on too much to risk anything more than a $5 pair of glasses..
The expensive glasses are for the weekend when fly fishing.

bad company

semi-pro
I just bought a pair of Underarmour coldgear gloves yesterday. While mine aren't exactly the same, they have the same features. They are pretty thin and keep you very warm considering. Much more comfortable to use than those big puffy winter gloves. Blocks wind very well. The only thing I would question is durability, specifically regarding the fabric that the palms are made out of. Guess only time will tell...

But overall, I am satisfied. Again, much rather wear these nice thin gloves and use the diad easily, than wear the traditional puffy winter gloves.

LKLND3380

I just bought a pair of Underarmour coldgear gloves yesterday. While mine aren't exactly the same, they have the same features. They are pretty thin and keep you very warm considering. Much more comfortable to use than those big puffy winter gloves. Blocks wind very well. The only thing I would question is durability, specifically regarding the fabric that the palms are made out of. Guess only time will tell...

But overall, I am satisfied. Again, much rather wear these nice thin gloves and use the diad easily, than wear the traditional puffy winter gloves.

I would suggest wearing a pair of suede/cloth work gloves found at wal-mart or sears for $2.99... Wear them alone or over the Under Armour gloves...

the belts (not straps/hub snakes) and boxes will shread a thin glove up in a week or two... the suede/cloth gloves I mentioned should last a month at UPS...

Tony31yrs

I usually found gloves too bulky, so I put a light coating of Bag Balm on my hands. It was the only thing that kept my hands from cracking and it's also antiseptic. It's available in drugstores and farm supply stores. It was originally used by dairy farmers to keep cows' udders from chaffing,but they found it protected their hands as well. It's vaseline-based, so use just a tiny bit and rub it in. I found out about it from an older driver when I first started. Your hands get a little more dirty, but it really worked in Buffalo weather for 30 yrs. The only problem was that I had to milk my fingers twice a day.
For real cold weather, I wore a pair of army surplus glove liners or a pair of wool fingerless gloves.

Fnix

I tried the latex gloves out of the first aid kit (because of a cut) and I swear the thing filled with sweat in minutes.. I never would have guessed your hands could sweat that much...

I use them during peak to keep my hands from going numb. SO I dont sweat.

supercool

Atlas Fit: Only the best for my hands!

Amazon.com: Atlas Fit Gloves (C300L) 12 each: Home Improvement

I actually get them for about $5 at the gas station when our hub is out (which is quite often) -- otherwise they're free.

They wear out rather quickly as a handler but when it's new glove Monday, boy, do I have some serious grip going.

I've tried expensive gloves, cheap gloves, other gloves, and these are the ones that seem to do the best job. Probably not DIAD friendly though.

sunglasses??/ yea i need some good ones .. to sleep during the day!!! anyone know of any night vison glasses for work:funny:.. far as gloves cheaper the better for me cause i awlways lose em.