what type of tips are you getting this peak?

HomeDelivery

I'm feeling the full swing of peak season starting monday... yeap, mainly walmart parcels and flatscreens as well as apple ipad minis in my daily runs so far...

with the bad economy, some customers are giving me some weird tips:

02900001628_220x220_a.jpg

Tues: this is the actual full size can from a customer! haha, it did stave off my starvation after working 11-12 hour days non-stop...

Wed: another customer owns a domino's pizza store when i delivered her 3 razor electric powered bikes for her sons:
stock-photo-18690188-domino-s-pizza-box.jpg

a medium cheese pizza... cold, but tasty for my "Linner" (lunch-dinner)

a $2 tip, which i quickly went to a local mini-mart on the way back to the terminal to buy a powerball ticket... let's see if i'm lucky...:fingerscrossed:

----------------------------------------------------

so what wacky tips are you guys gettin'?:imok:
02900001628_220x220_a.jpg
stock-photo-18690188-domino-s-pizza-box.jpg

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Last year I raked in about $250 in cash.
Those customers always get their packages on time and or, early.

RTURNSONLY

Tips are nowhere near what they used to be. But, as a matter of fact, Fedex policy prohibits couriers accepting gifts (cash and/or tangibles) valued over $25.00. At least that's what it used to be. Not that anyone pays attention to this dumb policy...:)

hypo hanna

Tips are nowhere near what they used to be. But, as a matter of fact, Fedex policy prohibits couriers accepting gifts (cash and/or tangibles) valued over $25.00. At least that's what it used to be. Not that anyone pays attention to this dumb policy...:)
Weird. Wonder how the execs keep those golf outings paid for by vendors under 25 bucks. Miniature golf maybe?

STFXG

I never get cash. But I get a LOT of baked goods. Cookies, breads, brownies, cinnamon rolls... Since hunting season is over now I also get a lot of deer jerky. Gotta be careful with that stuff... Had a few rough rides home from eating too much.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How about this tip from a manager at my Ramp last night?.......Wear your best uniform on Monday because there will be a film crew from Nightline here.

whenIgetthere

Tips, never expected any so I'm never dissappointed that I've never received one. In my previous career as a shipping manager, my boss always made sure to give me two crisp hundred dollar bills at Chritsmas time, one for the UPS driver and one for the Fedex Express driver. He gave me fifties for the LTL drivers.

HomeDelivery

But, as a matter of fact, Fedex policy prohibits couriers accepting gifts (cash and/or tangibles) valued over $25.00. At least that's what it used to be. Not that anyone pays attention to this dumb policy...:)

whew, good thing i'm not a FedEx employee; i only act like one:peaceful: but, i'll state your quote as i place the $ in my shirt pocket...:money:

too bad only Upstate & a few others chimed in; i wanted to see what the browners get... they probably trump us in this dept as well (o wait, they're all too busy to reply... it is peak after all)

have a safe peak; i'll probably be out there the full 13 hours today...

S

serenity now

no monetary tips yet, but a very attractive divorcee caught me by surprise under the office mistletoe .........

i had to adjust soon thereafter

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's still a bit too early to be receiving tips.

How many drivers tip their preloaders and helpers? My preloader will get $100 and my helper will get $50 plus lunch on the 24th.