What u think

Denaboi

So my manager said I can be lost prevention but im in a dilemma because employees are telling me that I should not change over but I got a degree in criminal justice I know ups is a good job but I only been there six years and do not have the time to work my way up It seem like it would be a good thing for me but I don't want to leave the union to get ****ed over and I don't want to waste my degree either so any advice

BMWSauber1991

Go into loss prevention, attend a police academy, join the police force and get the hell out. If you have a degree in criminal justice, why stay at UPS?

iruhnman630

So my manager said I can be lost prevention but im in a dilemma because employees are telling me that I should not change over but I got a degree in criminal justice I know ups is a good job but I only been there six years and do not have the time to work my way up It seem like it would be a good thing for me but I don't want to leave the union to get ****ed over and I don't want to waste my degree either so any advice
Your degree didn't include a course in punctuation usage?

Loss prevention at UPS could be a good resume builder.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I lost a period, think you can find it?

browntroll

an lp job would look on your resume but remember you have to actually work against the manager sometimes. from my understanding management work
different from lp and lp also look at management as possible suspect. are you good at telling when ppl are lying? also dont forget not everyone is afraid of
lp some get off from pissing them off. i know one guy he loves it when lp call him to the office he tells me he likes to see how red he can make their faces
​before they finally tell him to leave.

BMWSauber1991

Plus government jobs are usually unions and you have to opportunity to make better money down the road (police chief)

They are currently looking for a police chief in the town I deliver to, making about half what I make a year.

It all depends on where you live, a police chief in a moderately sized metro area makes twice what you make. Probably a way more non financial rewarding job also. Helping families vs pissing them off with your truck, damage packages, etc. like everyone say ups is a thankless job but I can not say the same about being a officer.

Re-Raise

It all depends on where you live, a police chief in a moderately sized metro area makes twice what you make. Probably a way more non financial rewarding job also. Helping families vs pissing them off with your truck, damage packages, etc. like everyone say ups is a thankless job but I can not say the same about being a officer.

Yeah, everyone loves when the police come to their door, but they hate it when you bring their packages. Good luck finding a job as a cop making 180 k a year.

Criminal justice degrees are a dime a dozen, I should know my wife works at the local college.

Re-Raise

Yeah, everyone loves when the police comes to their door, but they hate it when you bring their packages. Good luck finding a job as a cop making 180 k a year.

Criminal justice degrees are a dime a dozen, I should know my wife works at the local college.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Meh, I think I'll stick to pushing boxes around.