What was the latest you have punched out as a package driver.

ocnewguy

No, you cant.

At that point, it is no longer about "service" (if it ever was) and instead its about trying to prevent missed packages from showing up and making the center team look bad on the report. Although technically, if we deliver a package after midnight then its a service failure anyway because it is actually being delivered the day after it was dispatched.

No rational person or business entity can justify knocking on someone's door at 2:00 AM (or midnight, or even 9:00PM for that matter) in order to make "service" on a package. Any dispatch "plan" that has drivers making deliveries at such times is a failed plan and needs to be exposed as such by forcing those who implemented it to eat the service failures on the daily report. Otherwise, the illusion is created that the plan actually worked and they will therefore continue making such stupid decisions.

Dealing with management at this company is, unfortunately, a lot like dealing with a dog that pisses on your carpet. If you catch the dog in the act you can yell at them and smack them and rub their nose in the piss and they might stop the behavior for a little while at least, but they are stubborn and sooner or later for some strange reason they will revert to old behavior and start pissing on that same spot again. The sooner you catch them and rub their nose in it, the more you will be able to get them to pee someplace else. If you ingore the behavior for any length of time they will very quickly ruin the carpet and the flooring beneath.

So, if you can't del at that time...you just drive around aimlessly in the middle of the night? or what? i'm not following whats the point of keeping you guys out till 2 am if you can't actually do anything.

oldngray

nowhere special
So, if you can't del at that time...you just drive around aimlessly in the middle of the night? or what? i'm not following whats the point of keeping you guys out till 2 am if you can't actually do anything.

When it gets really late DR everything without knocking so you won't get shot as a burglar. But those super late nights have ended. Now its only stupidly late.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When it gets really late DR everything without knocking so you won't get shot as a burglar. But those super late nights have ended. Now its only stupidly late.

It is easy for your supervisor to ignore you when you complain about being out so late that you had to leave 25 or 30 stops on peoples porches without knocking. They might nod their head sympathetically, they might pull out a pen and pretend that they are taking notes, and they might even make vague promises about "talking to preload" about the problem... but the bottom line is that as long as they hit their Stops Per Car quota on the daily report they dont really give a rats ass about your concerns.

It is not easy for them to ignore you when you bring those same 25 or 30 stops back and record them as "missed." The beauty of this approach lies in its simplicity; by recording them as "missed" all you are doing is taking their problem and giving it back to them. While they are certainly free to disregard your complaints about the stop count, I can gurantee you that they wont be able to disregard the ass-chewing they will receive from their superiors over those missed stops. Ass chewings cause pain, and pain is natures way of forcing stupid people to start making better choices.

Logb17

Back in the late 80's i was delivering in Ryder Rental in a very tight neighborhood of cluster homes at 11 pm, and i noticed this helicopter was over head,and it wasnt really moving.I didnt think much of it as i still had 20 stops left. I went into a cul de sac,made the delivery and 4 police cars came roaring up and the cops got out of the cars,pistols drawn and told me to lay on the ground.
A resident had seen the Ryder going house -to-house and thought i was either stealing or casing houses. The police checked the truck,saw my uniform and told me i was done for the night. One of the cops asked me was i stupid or something for delivering so late

LOL, I was also pulled over this year during peak in a budget rental in an upscale neighborhood. Someone had called the cops. the officer said he figured it was UPS, but still checked to see if there were boxes in the back.

Howe909

This year i went out with a sup for a few hours. then he dumped all the work onto another driver i helped him till we finished at 01:10. started the morning pre-load at 04:50

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Peak day of 2011, 22.3 preload/air driver, I did a 14.1x day that they shuffled into a 13.99 by altering the time-card. 7 hours preload 7:08 on-road.

Preloaded 4 cars 2000+ pcs.

8:45am, loaded up with 12 airs and 50 stops in the McMansion 'burbs. Longest driveways imaginable.
You don't know nightmares until you try a 14+ day on four hours of night/shift work sleep. not cool

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
During xmas leave house at 630 n usually get home between 11 and 12 every night. After going to bed at 1 to 2 am every night. Usually 4 to 5 hours sleep every night that's it. Ghetto center ran like poop. Preload super blows n super retarded loaders. Thank god super man don't need much sleep lol. Sat n Sun crashing like a mother at least 10 hours of sleep.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Latest ever 1230 in 2006 xmas. Had a fellow driver truck break down at like 7pm, don't remember how many stops he had left but I had ran like 230 before I got to him. Crazy night that night. That's back when they didn't trip on the overtime like they do now.