What was the most expensive item you ever delivered?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Since my memory is shot , the only thing i can think of was a check for 250,000 in a nda letter.

upsgrunt

I used to deliver COD's to a software place for several hundred thousand dollars- and took regular business checks for them!

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Left a customer's house years ago with over 15k in cash after spending an hour adding up COD tags and counting it. Drove directly to a bank to change it to a certified check so I wouldn't be responsible for that much money and they wanted my social security number because it was more than 5k. I told them to :censored2:-off and ended up spending the next hour driving from bank to bank getting certified checks from 4 different banks to cover it. 2 damn hours for one stop!! I told the customer I wouldn't take cash ever again and if he wanted his deliveries, he would have to get certified checks for any amount over 1k.
After I refused to accept his cash the next time, he made other arrangements for his deliveries.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I used to have a customer on my old route that sold "crystals" in mall kiosks throughout the area. He would set up shops during Christmas and get deliveries to a cheap hotel where he lived during the season. I would notify Mgt. before leaving the bldg. when this occured, usually twice a week. I then told Mgt. when I would arrive for the delivery so they could relieve me of the $10,000+ cash that I would be carrying

brown bomber

brown bomber
delivering to the County Fair was fun too, all pkgs. were NDA and cash only. Show up at the main gate at 10:00 AM and have a security guard wake up the carnies. Then sit back and wait, eventually after an hour or so the last pkg. was picked up. The end result was thousands of dollars, most of which were singles and fives. Before anyone says anything about coming back the next day, I was working as instructed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Left a customer's house years ago with over 15k in cash after spending an hour adding up COD tags and counting it. Drove directly to a bank to change it to a certified check so I wouldn't be responsible for that much money and they wanted my social security number because it was more than 5k. I told them to :censored2:-off and ended up spending the next hour driving from bank to bank getting certified checks from 4 different banks to cover it. 2 damn hours for one stop!! I told the customer I wouldn't take cash ever again and if he wanted his deliveries, he would have to get certified checks for any amount over 1k.
After I refused to accept his cash the next time, he made other arrangements for his deliveries.

You had no right to do what you did and are lucky that you still had a job. I would have taken the $15K, put it in my lunch box and locked it in the cargo area of the pkg car until I got back to the center.

You can thank money launderers for the hassle that you had at the bank. Any single cash transaction of $10K (not $5K) or more has to be reported to the government.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

delivering to the County Fair was fun too, all pkgs. were NDA and cash only. Show up at the main gate at 10:00 AM and have a security guard wake up the carnies. Then sit back and wait, eventually after an hour or so the last pkg. was picked up. The end result was thousands of dollars, most of which were singles and fives. Before anyone says anything about coming back the next day, I was working as instructed.

Fairs were always a pain in the butt but even more so when we took cash for CODs.

Going back the next day was never an option as fairs were only open for a few days and any delay would cost them $$$.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
You had no right to do what you did and are lucky that you still had a job. I would have taken the $15K, put it in my lunch box and locked it in the cargo area of the pkg car until I got back to the center.
I called my sup who told me to get a cashier's check so, technically, I was well within my rights to do what I did.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I called my sup who told me to get a cashier's check so, technically, I was well within my rights to do what I did.

That's not the part I was talking about. We were also encouraged to get a money order/cashiers check if we had more than $5K in cash.

The part that I was talking about was your refusal to take cash from the customer for future deliveries. You had no right to do that and should have lost your job for having done so.

throwaway10

$200K in paychecks to a farm...big farm. COD

I used to get CODs out in the country for 25k-30k, the guy would leave certified checks just hanging on the front door with a note to put the package inside the porch and lock the door. Never did know what was in those boxes(and didn't care)