What was your experience the first day you went out with a manual?

oldngray

nowhere special
Ladies6111.jpg

ManInBrown

It had been about 15 years since I had driven a manual. First car I ever owned was a manual. It's like riding a bike. You never forget.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
First pkg car I drove was a 1966 ford p400 ( this was 1982 damn Iam old) sweetest shifting car I ever drove clutch was easy to push in and it just slid into the next gear
The brakes were another story

Dr.Brownz

First of all, my user-name has nothing to do with Seinfeld.

Second, it's sad that your generation and following generations are losing simple skills like being able to shift gears yourself. What else do you let technology or others do for you?

LOL hey why not go back to wind up model T's instead of this lazy ass new key system?!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As a teenager I learned to drive in a 1967 Ford friend-150 with manual steering, a 4-speed stick shift and a 300 straight 6 engine. It was my vehicle all through high school. The first package car I ever drove for UPS was a Ford P-600 with the same drivetrain as my friend-150, so it took me about 1 minute to get used to driving it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
had a route with converted CNG, non power steering p1000.. talk about being worn out at EOD.

Cul de sacs were the friggin worst. It was like climbing a rope ALL DAY LONG
They probably replaced it with a power steering/automatic car on the day of the time study.

rod

Retired 22 years
Second, it's sad that your generation and following generations are losing simple skills like being able to shift gears yourself. What else do you let technology or others do for you?

A couple of years ago we took my son-in-law up to the North Shore of Lake Superior for a week --no cell signal. I was his first time since he owned a cell phone that he was without a signal for more than a few moments. I honestly thought he was going to cry after about the forth day. Our country is doomed if that happens on a large scale.

Overpaid Union Thug

I didn't have any issues with my manual transmission during my first day out. The bricked out load and neighborhoods that weren't on the truck when I was "trained" were a major headache though.