what was your first route?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hang in there brother, I just finished day 4 and part of me felt like hey we're setting me up too. Every day bro I'm getting murdered with these GD bulk pick ups. Hundreds and hundreds of airs, and In the air shuttle too so I gotta get all my work done on time to meet with other trucks to absorb their airs and jam back into the hub in time to unload them.

Like really? You have 3 pallets of :censored2:ing NDA irregs? :censored2: you!

It's still fresh, all you can do is change your attitude and boss up. Don't be afraid you're not alone in the struggle. Rookies all over the country are getting their collective asses killed.
They're so quit when they're young
SMH!!

Funny thing is 9 hours isn't too bad at all.
9 hours with one experienced person who knows the routes, etc, plus a helper(me) who's running the boxes in the out quickly? how long do you think it will take for a newbie to do everything on their own? 12 hours? you must be a superhuman if you think that's normal. In the manual/ book thing i got during the inclass training, it said that they are supposed to give me a 6.5 hour route to properly understand the diad system and what not, maybe get my stamina up a bit and then move me up to whatever the hell they want. i wasn't even able to go past 3pm without falling asleep because I was so tired. i've no desire to fall asleep at the wheel and hurt myself or somebody else while running heavy assed boxes from one business to the next every day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
9 hours with one experienced person who knows the routes, etc, plus a helper(me) who's running the boxes in the out quickly? how long do you think it will take for a newbie to do everything on their own? 12 hours? you must be a superhuman if you think that's normal. In the manual/ book thing i got during the inclass training, it said that they are supposed to give me a 6.5 hour route to properly understand the diad system and what not, maybe get my stamina up a bit and then move me up to whatever the hell they want. i wasn't even able to go past 3pm without falling asleep because I was so tired. i've no desire to fall asleep at the wheel and hurt myself or somebody else while running heavy assed boxes from one business to the next every day.
Lmao. I think you should look for another career.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1444443024.840212.jpg

The future of this company. Good Luck
SMH!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
It sounds like this training route is designed to weed out those who may be not be up for the job.

Not in our center. Here they send trainees in our center out with dispatches that you and I could have done in 6 hours. Then after they make their 30 days they get to show them what reality is.

I've had a couple drivers hit me up while I'm off on disability and telling me what they are training a new driver with on my route and it's work that I would be done with by 1:30pm at the latest. And pickups start at 4.

T

Turdferguson

creepy_crying_baby.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It seems like the first route they are teaching me (day 6 of training) is supposed to be "permanent" instead of what they hired me for --cover driver. The two days they have been training me on have been long assed days..9+ hours, and that's with another person (sup) driving the route. I don't even know the roads. In the book they gave me for training, it breaks down the days for in class, and then on the job training. It said that they are supposed to give 6.5hour route in the beginning to learn everything, but this seems like much longer than a 6.5 hour route since it takes 9 hours or so to complete. I seem to lose steam at around 2-3pm , there are so many heavy boxes to deliver and then receive at the end of the day. at the end of the day, the truck's full again...it's like being a preloader , but with added responsibility of driving. Not to mention getting all those signatures for businesses, hunting people down just so you can get them to sign takes time too.

I've been told that 3 or 4 people have quit because of that route....so why am i being put into a difficult route head first? Most of the businesses have massive amounts of heavy packages they not only receive, but ship out everyday--one after another. (car dealers, etc). I don't think i can handle this physically day in an day out. It would be dangerous and stupid of me to be half asleep at the end of the day and operate a gigantic brown metal box.

I applaud and respect all those who are doing this day in and day out, I guess this is not for me.

well, then they are doing a good job. there's no reason for them to set up the route they way they have. you have to be an elite level athlete to be able to handle it. i'm not up to par.

"lmao". thanks for the advice. you keep being a slave.

6a00d83451b64669e200e5545400328833-800wi.jpg

index.jpg

Ms.PacMan

well, then they are doing a good job. there's no reason for them to set up the route they way they have. you have to be an elite level athlete to be able to handle it. i'm not up to par.

Female 5'4" 125lbs
First route was an industrial area 450 pieces 120 stops no power steering and a steel handcart! I had no muscles and my bruises had bruises. I was 50 shades of purple my first 3 months. At the time training routes were unbid so I had to do it for 2 yrs until they hired another driver.

It will get easier for you. You can do this if you want.