what was your nastiest experience as a driver?

Brownsfan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 108

Kinrossy

I came upon a customer one time who was sitting on his porch drinking a beer and watching a cat that had just been hit by a car flail around in the street. He laughed and said it had been almost half an hour and "that damn cat just wont die". I walked over to the poor cat and, seeing that its injuries were terminal (compound fractures, guts coming out of anus etc.) proceeded to euthanize it myself. With a rock. While the customer sat there enjoying his beer. I did the right and humane thing but the manner in which I had to do it, combined with the cruelty of the customer, kind of screwed me up a little and I wound up seeing a counselor to help me get over it. Once I am retired from UPS...if I ever meet that customer again I am going to beat the living :censored2: out of him.
You'll never get the chance. On the porch, drinking a beer midday, probably smoking. Did u deliver his cpap mask? Doubt he lasted much longer than the cat. Customers like that are why I haven't had a cigarette in 18 months.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti

I used to deliver medicine once a month to an older gentleman on Capitol Hill in D.C. He lived in a large 10 story apartment building close to Union Station. One hot day in August of '94 I go up to his apartment, knock on the door, and it slowly creaks open...

I smelled him before I saw him.

He was sitting in the same spot he was in last month with last month's package on the table in front of him. He had been dead for almost a month. Second most disturbing thing I had ever encountered in delivery.

I went back downstairs to the rental office and let them know as well as calling the police.

Was in the office the next morning because I took the time to stay and give the police a report.

Indecisi0n

I used to deliver medicine once a month to an older gentleman on Capitol Hill in D.C. He lived in a large 10 story apartment building close to Union Station. One hot day in August of '94 I go up to his apartment, knock on the door, and it slowly creaks open...

He was sitting in the same spot he was in last month with last month's package on the table in front of him. He had been dead for almost a month. Second most disturbing thing I had ever encountered in delivery.

I went back downstairs to the rental office and let them know as well as calling the police.

Was in the office the next morning because I took the time to stay and give the police a report.

If he was dead how did he open the door?

confused-cat-is-confused.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

That's sad...that someone could be dead for a month and no one even realized. But okay I'll bite...what was
your most disturbing thing you encountered while delivering?