What was your proudest moment at UPS? On Topic Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Most of us have a proudest moment sometimes in our career at UPS. as a feeder driver it may be the time you made service in extremely adverse weather conditions when no else could. as a package driver it could be "busting it out " during peak and making customers happy.

in the hub it could be when the sort was short handed and you came through and made things happen so drivers could make it out on time. managers may also have those proud moments when they were able to get a tremendous team spirit going.

mine was about 5 years ago when we had a snow storm for the ages. only one driver and i were able to make service that night chained up for over 70 miles , going like bats out of hell , passing plows, and sometimes making our own tracks through white out conditions . during the way my buddy came over the radio and said "where is the road? i can't see where the road is." and i replied . "just keep it between the trees and we should be ok." it took 7 hrs but we made it through , around accidents and stuck rigs , and a half a dozen other obstacles when no one else could. the dispatchers and managers were incredulous. they all wanted to know how we did it. it was a proud moment.

everyone has a special good and proud moment in their UPS career that would be great to share with others , especially the new guys and gals.

what's your story?

clean hairy

My proudest moment will be when I Retire and walk out for the last time.
Knowing they could not run me off, but to leave on my terms at the time I was ready to leave.

Savvy412

Last week delivering a :censored2: load of nda super spread out. And as I justttt sheeted it, it hit 1029. I would of gotten fired if someone watched me but some how i did it .

Messed around too much with ground getting cocky .Didn't realize how far some of my air was .

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Working preload for 5 months, losing 30 lbs. getting recognized as the most valuable unloader, getting PITA certified and passing my driving test in the same week. Very proud of myself still.

novadriver

My first missed bunch of missed business stops... I was so scared I would get walked out... Now I'm confident about having missed business when they brick me out!!

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Last week delivering a :censored2: load of nda super spread out. And as I justttt sheeted it, it hit 1029. I would of gotten fired if someone watched me but some how i did it .

Messed around too much with ground getting cocky .Didn't realize how far some of my air was .

Are you aware that you could have recorded that package during any part of the minute that 1030 was still showing on the diad screen without it being late?

Loading 4 PC's, 0 missloads ; Unloading two 53 ft trailers before break time & coming in clutch in the sort aisle when they needed it the most.

trickpony1

At some point, some of you will realize that "proud" doesn't feed the family and pay the bills.

Working at a safe pace, not working for free, not taking shortcuts and being safe will increase the chances of you making to retirement because you kept your job and your body healthy.

It won't be anytime soon but someday.........

Savvy412

At some point, some of you will realize that "proud" doesn't feed the family and pay the bills.

Working at a safe pace, not working for free, not taking shortcuts and being safe will increase the chances of you making to retirement because you kept your job and your body healthy.

It won't be anytime soon but someday.........
its ok to make the best of this and maybe actually pretend you matter and your doing a good job..lol

raceanoncr

A couple proud moments. When first hired, out of 100 applicants for off-streets, 2 of us got picked. I qualified in P/C. That feeling went downhill fast when things started to deteriorate within, including not washing, service declines, etc.

Second, the day I walked out with a pension and 32 years safe driving, 30 years in feeders, with 32 years service.

My best feeling was when I first punched in on the diad. I thought I would be a full time sup getting pt sup pay forever.
Then ten years later when they asked me if I wanted to accept a transfer. I would have said no, but twice that week a different route was brought out to to me. It's crappy doing a route cold starting 2 hours late.

Edd Orion

When they fired me for working through lunch 8 years ago... Got on the 9.5 list, & took lunch everyday since. Workload is now 1/2 what it used to be, and I no longer hurry... Feels great

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i forgot this proud moment. when i told my parents i got hired at UPS after banging around from job to job for years. i never realized how important that was going to be to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.