What was your raise after new contract?

eastlos

I'm part time and just checked upsers to see my pay rate for last Friday which is the first day the new contract kicked in and I went from 11.50 to 12.55. I was under the impression the raise was only supposed to be 35 cents. I talked to my friend and he said his raise shows up as 55 cents. I have 3 years in and he has one year.

Mr.Brown

some one explain. i got .85, on aug 1st , my annverisy date is aug 22 will i still get a 50 cent raise then?(this will be my 3rd year)

Last edited:

Fnix

went from 11.00 to 11.85. and to think just 3 years ago I thought I would never make over 9 anywhere

TSup

Chances are you are being brought up to the minimum rates of the new contract for your time of service

sx2700

Banned
$0.85 here too. I am skeptical and will be talking to someone about it tonight. UPS is famous for screwing up your pay then taking it back in the future, so I want to get it cleared up ASAP if it is an error.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
who cares if its .85? should be happy you got the .50 AND the .35 raise. just be happy with what you got. i don't understand whats all the fuss

eastlos

who cares if its .85? should be happy you got the .50 AND the .35 raise. just be happy with what you got. i don't understand whats all the fuss

I don't think it's that he's unhappy but probably feeling a bit skeptical that it might be a screw up. That's what I'm thinking about my raise. I don't see why I would get a 1.05 raise. And as we all know if its a screw up once UPS fixes it we will be charged back for the over pay.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
Same .85 cent raise here. Two years in. Im very confused about the whole thing. I said something to my steward about it. He is looking into it for me. Can the make us pay it back if they find out that there was an error?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Same .85 cent raise here. Two years in. Im very confused about the whole thing. I said something to my steward about it. He is looking into it for me. Can the make us pay it back if they find out that there was an error?

oh yes they can, it's happened to me personally and other coworkers. Both UPS and union.

Air Hub

.50 + .35 = .85
.50 was bcoz they raised the bar, from $9.00 to $9.50 after 90 days with UPS
.35 was 1/2 of the .70 raise in the new contract

I got a $1.05 raise ??? not sure why. (P/t with 3 yrs and 1 month)

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
oh yes they can, it's happened to me personally and other coworkers. Both UPS and union.

I realize that I'm not supposed to get that much of a raise. So i just want to make it know so that if something happens 6 months down the road I dont get screwed and have to pay all that back. Thank you.

I got .85 here in GA, part timer with two years in, I thought only .35 also but herad some rumblings about .85 from some of the union dudes, now at $11.85, this time last year was at $10.50.

tmsjef00

I just found out from a friend who is a union steward. My raise was from 10.50 to 11.35. So I got an 85 cent raise also. The way I understand it is 35 cent came from the new contract. The 50 cent is from people who were hired ofter Aug 2002 but made seniority before July 31, 2008. This is a copy of my email that he sent me regarding this raise.
I emailed him back because I did not understand the last part about the semi annual pay hikes.

As I theorized in my email regarding contract changes anyone in progression(those that started after August 1, 2002 but reach seniority by July 31, 2008 received this because the 90 day base pay rate was raised 50 cents. This should not (but I do not know 100%) affect your last anniversary raise. After that you will receive semi annual pay hikes like those of pre Aug 2002 who have reached progression.

I hope this helps everybody who was wondering about the pay raise. When I receive more info I will post it. I have 1 year 7 months, even though I started during Oct 06 for peak season (u know that doesn't count).

tmsjef00