What was your raise after new contract?

Mr.Brown

so please explain I got .85 now, will I still get my 50 cent raise for my 3rd year I slavery????(part time) which is aug 22 ??????????

LaUpser

this is what my stub says. plz can anyone clear it up?

current rate 10.35
regular 10.50
regular 11.35
overtime 15.75
overtime 17.02

if i am rite is the 2nd regular and 2nd overtime my current rates of pay?

browndevil

this is what my stub says. plz can anyone clear it up?

current rate 10.35
regular 10.50
regular 11.35
overtime 15.75
overtime 17.02

if i am rite is the 2nd regular and 2nd overtime my current rates of pay?
Correct. Last Friday was August 1 the first day of our new contract,the day our raises kicked in. That is why it is divided and written that way.

midgetjay

.50 + .35 = .85
.50 was bcoz they raised the bar, from $9.00 to $9.50 after 90 days with UPS
.35 was 1/2 of the .70 raise in the new contract

1. So everyone who already got their $0.50 raise (for 90 working calendar days) will be compensated with another $0.50 raise on their next paycheck?

2. And one other question: What if you hit your seniority (30 calendar working days) before August 1st, but you haven't worked for 90 calendar days yet. When you finally do hit your 90 working calendar days, will you get the $0.50 raise (old contract), or will you get the $1.00 raise (new contract)?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just a curious bug.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Isnt this recent raise part of the old contract....so shouldnt the split raise thing start in february of 2009???? Shouldnt we get the full amount for august 2008? This is pretty much crapola..

outamyway

Isnt this recent raise part of the old contract....so shouldnt the split raise thing start in february of 2009???? Shouldnt we get the full amount for august 2008? This is pretty much crapola..

No, I looked into it and there is no mention of a raise for late 2008 in the old contract.

This raise is the first half of the split raises for the new contract, the next raise will be in Feb 09.

Our last split raise will be on Feb 1st 2013, and the contract ends on July 31st 2013. On August 1st 2013 a new contract will (hopefully) be in effect and the raise(if there is one) that day will be from the new contract, not this current one.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No, I looked into it and there is no mention of a raise for late 2008 in the old contract.

This raise is the first half of the split raises for the new contract, the next raise will be in Feb 09.

Our last split raise will be on Feb 1st 2013, and the contract ends on July 31st 2013. On August 1st 2013 a new contract will (hopefully) be in effect and the raise(if there is one) that day will be from the new contract, not this current one.

huh, thanks for the info outa, I thought there was a final raise on this old contract.

outamyway

huh, thanks for the info outa, I thought there was a final raise on this old contract.

This is a good quote.
The only portion of the new contract that was not implemented were the economics.

I can understand why you would think we would get something this year, because this raise ($.55, $.35, $.85 cents, whatever it was for you) is ALL you are getting THIS year.

The last raise for the last contract was on August 1st 2007. So for a year and six months, we get a $.55, $.35 or $.85 cent raise.

J

JonFrum

If it turns out that some of you are being overpaid, and will have to pay it all back someday, be aware of this new contract language . . .

Article 17 --- Paid for Time
When an employee notifies the Employer in writing of any ongoing overpayment, the employee’s increasing liability will cease five (5) working days after the date of the written notification. The notification shall be provided to the employee’s immediate supervisor or manager.
http://www.teamster.org/divisions/parcel/2008UPSagreementandsupplements.htm