What Was Your Worst Day

mdnj88

2 years in and my worst day was this past xmas eve. There was a split route put in my loop. Well he didn't finish for a week straight. So on Xmas eve our center manager ordered the preload to cram all those stops/pkgs into my car. 750+ pkgs shoved into a p12 I'll never forget standing there watching about 5 loaders stick that crap in there.
To top it all off, nothing was in edd because the other driver never sheeted anything missed so, I didn't even know what was in there.
So basically me and My helper went out and did what we could and at 10:20pm when I ran out of hours I headed back to building. 2 guys had to help me, 1 took 75 and another took 30 I finished with 290 and probably bright back 100. That is my worst day ever.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
2 years in and my worst day was this past xmas eve. There was a split route put in my loop. Well he didn't finish for a week straight. So on Xmas eve our center manager ordered the preload to cram all those stops/pkgs into my car. 750+ pkgs shoved into a p12 I'll never forget standing there watching about 5 loaders stick that crap in there.
To top it all off, nothing was in edd because the other driver never sheeted anything missed so, I didn't even know what was in there.
So basically me and My helper went out and did what we could and at 10:20pm when I ran out of hours I headed back to building. 2 guys had to help me, 1 took 75 and another took 30 I finished with 290 and probably bright back 100. That is my worst day ever.
If I were you I would have called in at noon sick and told them dropping load.

mdnj88

Ju
If I were you I would have called in at noon sick and told them dropping load.

Trust me I dropped anchor as soon as I pulled out. Me and my helper even took our hour lunch and just laughed about it. I was pissed in the morning but I knew I was screwed so I just made best of it. Customers couldn't believe I was knocking their doors that late everyone was inviting me in for dinner

I was learning a new route a while back. It was a sweat beach/country route if you could imagine that. About an hour in I sharted real bad. It ruined my whole day. I went from being excited to trying to find a place to clean up. What a crap day.

30 to life

Was on the mall route right before thanksgiving l had one 1000 and a furniture truck. I del 800 some pieces and some of those were residential stops and I picked up 500 with no help.

Packmule

33 years on road. Still the worst day I remember was 20 years ago when a $@&) feeder driver took my good tire chains out of my truck and stuck his worn ones in. Didn't know it, but by the time a 12 hour, snow up the butt day got done, my sup had made 3 trips out to my area bringing my every junky tire chain he could find in the building cause thy had no new ones around and I kept busting links till they wouldn't stay on. I still have nightmares about laying under that truck in thirty below wind chills chaining up time after time after )$&@" time!
And to think I was born in Arizona!

Packmule

BTW, great thread!

wornoutupser

Easy one!

November 1988

I was running a town 25 miles from the building and an idiot gave me a split 6 miles away. I was severely bitten by a dog, had to go to the doctor and lost almost 2 hours.
Then the day got worse!

As I was driving down the highway my truck pulled to the side as if a big gust of wind hit me. I looked at the trees and none of them were moving.

Then my front tire broke off the vehicle!
If anyone remembers the old Ford P-5's, imagine hitting the asphalt at 55 on just the front A arm. As Richard Prior used to say " First you say it-then you do it!"
By the grace of God I was able to not flip the truck. I was stranded in the days before cell phones-on a dead stretch of highway-and already 2 hours behind. I did manage to catch a ride to a phone, call it in, and headed back to wait for the tow truck.

Now it gets worse!

My wife had gone to the doctor. She was pregnant and bleeding at 5 months. Guess who stopped to see why a UPS truck was sitting on it's nose on the side of the road!

The was the day from hell for me. I did deliver about 15 stops and I sat in a parking lot 25 miles away giving away stops for the rest of the day. Yes... I had to switch out cars BY MYSELF because the supervisor was in another town getting a rental for peak!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My worst day would make you say DAMN but sadly if I posted it my management team would be able to instantly pinpoint my identity.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a tropical storm here in Houston about 10 years ago. Hurricanes have more wind, but TS's usually don't move really fast, and therefore can dump large amounts of rain..This town floods, and this particularl Friday, it poured day and into my night run. I had gone thru some 2 ft deep water earlier in the night, but a tractor can handle that. My last leg was across town and all I had to do was get back to the building and FW. My regular route back to the building was so deep that all you could see of 18-wheelers was the antennas sticking up out of the water. I had to drive completely around town at about 10 mph..trying back roads I knew, dealing with closed roads and accidents. Another driver took a detour and ended up stopped in the middle of I10 with a set up pups from Friday night till Sunday afternoon. Took me about 3 hours to go 15 miles. Got to the building, punched out Saturday morning about 4am. Our building was an island and even though I drive a 3/4ton Silverado, I couldn't get through the water. Drove back to the building, slept in the front seat of my pickup. Finally got home around 4pm Saturday after some of the water went down.

satellitedriver

Feb 28th. 2014.
My last day working at UPS.
I just did not care anymore, but I did my job and left my keys in the pkg car.
The first time in 45yrs, of my working life, that I no longer cared.
March 1st was a brand new day and when I woke up it was like the last 28yrs at UPS had never happened.
It was a Saturday.
Everyday I wake up now is a Saturday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
1st night driving in a snow storm in feeders. I'm pretty sure I left grip marks on the steering wheel.