what will happen?

jarman

Went in for my midnight shift on Friday.manager told me to go help another p.d.I clocked out and left the building and went home.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Job abandonment = termination.

Why did you leave, the only reason would be that you no longer wanted to work. If you were the company what would you do?

no,they will keep him. This is the new breed of upser- they do what they want and get away with :censored2: we'd have been fired for immediately. Disgusting...........

jarman

I was the 2nd person to clock in on my p.d.I have two years seniority two guys on the p.d.did not come in on Monday.i have been there all week.(by the way the guys who did come in on Monday and where late on friday are the managers friends)so who was the one to get sent to another p.d.!me.

Know one thing, regardless of the situation,you work as directed. You want to make up your own rules,go start your own company. I've been here 22 years and been screwed over by no seniority guys more times then I can count. All because the new breed thinks they can do whatever the hell they want.

jarman

This is the hardest past 2years of my life.working a 45+ hours a week at my day job and 16+ hours a week at my night job.I am not looking for a pitti party.just venting!

old levi's

blank space
This is the hardest past 2years of my life.working a 45+ hours a week at my day job and 16+ hours a week at my night job.I am not looking for a pitti party.just venting!
Try that for 13 years; then you can say that was the hardest 13 years of my life.

curiousbrain

I, with a little help from my full-time managers, recently let an employee "go" because of this exact same thing.

Mileage varies based on your location, I would presume.

jarman

Not sure what your talking about when you say "mileage".I work in the Orlando,fl hub.did this guy you let go have any other wright ups?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Well.....looks like I made a bad decision.do you think I will get my job back?

I don't care what time of year it is, if this goes to a panel, your done. There are many things that can be negotiated down or explained away. Leaving your job without permission is not one of them. I assure you, members of a panel look at this as someone who really does not want a job. If you don't care enough to be there why should they care about you having a job. They have to run the business. Running that business means counting on employees to do what is necessary, you can no longer be counted on!!

jarman

I do thank you for all of your responses.I will let you all know what happens on monday.i made a bad decision.this would be a great job to start my family.

curiousbrain

I don't care what time of year it is, if this goes to a panel, your done. There are many things that can be negotiated down or explained away. Leaving your job without permission is not one of them. I assure you, members of a panel look at this as someone who really does not want a job. If you don't care enough to be there why should they care about you having a job. They have to run the business. Running that business means counting on employees to do what is necessary, you can no longer be counted on!!

This should be applied to every employee, without exception.