What will help me in becoming full time driver?

whiskey

Ask and you shall receive.
I flunked out of Bill Wilson's course, leaving me one credit shy of my AA degree. I do however have a degree in BS.

ups1990

If and when our economy bounces back, it will be interesting to see if UPS will put more drivers out on the road through promotions. Around the country, drivers have demonstrated that they can absorb more work due to the company trying to stay competitive. We've been asked to give more and so we all given more by way of stops and pickups.
The other factor in you becoming a full time driver sooner than later is driver retirements.
I for one, GOD willing, will only drive untilI have to, meaning once my peer80 is reached my time with UPS will come an end. Currently, it seems as UPS has a high number of drivers that will be reaching their respective peer number within the next 10 years.
My hope is for more young Men and yes, Women will be given the opportunity to drive and make a career of it. This company's future also depends on attracting highly motivated people who hold themselves to high standards and display high character traits.

ibleedbrown

if and when the economy picks up? ups is making record profits as is! if the economy picks up they better convert everyone to full time otherwise i sense an occupy ups soon!

HomeDelivery

the key words that others have missed from the OP:

seasonal driver helper

AKA a jumper or mule (that gets paid ~$8.oo per hour)

Don't be a jumper! go become a seasonal DRIVER first & prove to them that you can do it alone successfully.

With enough time by the steering wheel & not by the jumper seat, you may or may not get promoted, depending on the hub/terminal you're working at.

Being a jumper is only ~1/3 of a lone driver's job functions. The other 2/3 is being a SAFE driver and knowing your scanner, or in brown's case, knowing your DIAD.

good luck in your future endeavors.